• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! I HATE THE UPDATE - How can i get rid of it!!!

I've tried resetting my phone to the factory settings, but it didn't kill the update! I hate everything about this - the graphics suck, nothing works the same way! If I wanted to learn to use a new phone, I'd have bought a new phone! How do I get this update OFF of here and go back to what I had before???????:mad:

russellvone over in the HTC One SV "All things Root" forum posted this handy guide along with links to what appear to be the stock images for your phone before the updates. You might want to ask him if the process described can bring you back to the pre-update space before you begin because the thread is really about receiving updates after you root. Looks like it should work though. I had to do something similar to one of my Samsung Galaxy S2s a few month back and followed a very similar guide to acheive it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones