1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Help I have a problem!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Glasswalker, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Glasswalker

Glasswalker Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Hello everyone....I have a galaxy mini and I am ready to smash it against the wall!!! Except from the wi fi problem (which I see is universal) my phones reboots by itself. In fact, sometimes (once every 3 days or so) when I press the home button it reboots (black screen, then samsung logo then all the rest). It does so even with the battery full. Secondly, it corrupts my files !!! I have the habbit of watching movies and series episodes on my phone and until recently I had no problem. A few days past I copied-pasted 2 episodes as I usually do on my sd card. When I plugged of the phone I had only one episode and the wrong srt subtitle file (!) when I tried to watch the two episodes where somehow merged into one (half of one and half the other). I copied back on my pc and it said the file was corrupted. I tried again and it is all that happens.
    What is more, I couldn't find my Aldiko app today!!! It was nowhere, no matter where I looked. I opened the store and tried to download it again. The store said it was already installed so I pressed open. Aldiko opened, and when I went to my files (I use go launcher and I have grouped my apps) aldiko was in plain sight (not in the group I had it originaly). Is my phone haunted????? Do I need an excorsist???? Do I need a new sd or a new phone??? Has anyone had any similar problems???? Please I am in a really hard place here, I could use all the help I could get. Thanx in advance. P.S. My phone is not rooted

Advertisement

2. akash619

akash619 Newbie
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    I would Immediately Suggest to back up all your media files on your computer from SD Card and do a Full Reset Of your Phone.Go to settings>Privacy>Reset

3. Glasswalker

Glasswalker Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Thanx for your comment I will try that. I had another strange experience: I had amovie deleted and when I tried to watch a new one it just "pixelled" for some seconds and the one I had deleted came up! And my sd card had the free space when I deleted the first movie! How stranger can it get?

4. dhruvbatra205

dhruvbatra205 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Try flashing your firmware again. Maybe that works, because I have tried both, Froyo and Gingerbread on my mini, and i haven't experienced such problems ever.
    If the full reset doesn't work out, you can try this. :)

5. akash619

akash619 Newbie
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Try the method i explained earlier and see if these problems persist......

Also use this while resetting.
    Enter RECOVERY MODE by first turning off your Phone.The Hold the Middle Menu button+Power buttin and click the option to Wipe cache!

6. Glasswalker

Glasswalker Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Thanx for your answers. First I will get me a new sd card and see if that was just that (anyway, I was looking for an excuse to get a bigger one....) then I will try all the rest. I have my mind set to change my firmware to ginger. Can anyone tell me if that solves the wi fi problem, or does it go on forever? If the firmware won't fix it then could it be a hardware problem or a driver issue?

7. dhruvbatra205

None

Aug 29, 2011
    My gingerbread works great!

8. techlearn

techlearn Member
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Hey even i am having same problem as OP, but the issue is that my mobile is rooted, other than that i am having pirated apps installed. I don't know is it the apps or the rooting causing my phone to reboot automatically? My phone restarts some times even when in idle mode???
    Please help guys.

9. Glasswalker

Glasswalker Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Ok I am giving you some feedback. I got a new sd and I copied some movies there using kies. It seems to work for now so I won't take any other action since I want to flash ginger and I don't want to stress my phone too much in fear of a new "hickup" like the other time...thanx for your replies and answers!!!

akash619 likes this.
  10. yagya

yagya Android Enthusiast
    None

Phone sometimes reboots automatically if you overclock it above its limit. If you are using overclocking kernels or set cpu try to decrease max cpu value.

11. techlearn

techlearn Member
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    @yagya
    i am using setcpu, but it is working in its default settings, so now also do i need to uninstall setCPU

12. dhruvbatra205

None

Aug 29, 2011
    If you are using setcpu on its default settings, then thats the default of the system and makes no difference!
    And if its so, i doubt overclocking is causing your device to restart.

13. yagya

yagya Android Enthusiast
    None

If you are not having problem at default settings try to increase by little and then check whether it bootloops or not and if it does change it back to when it was stable and if it doesn't reboot you can do same with higher frequency...

14. techlearn

techlearn Member
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    @yagya:
    I have changed values to a less frequency its is working normally. Thanks

15. techlearn

techlearn Member
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    I have done Factory format on my phone, i don't think this will create any more issues

16. Glasswalker

Glasswalker Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Hey everyone just an update on what I have done......I flashed ginger on my mini and it transformed into a new phone!!!! No rebooting by itself, no wifi problem, faster interface.....it is everything I wanted to be!!! I also rooted it and kicked all the junk out and it runs smooth as cream!!!! Anyone with a problem out there, consider flashing ginger with odin and all your problems will go away!!!! Thanx to everyone in this forum, I had been reading most subjects and tutorials for a week before making my mind and you have been really helpful!!!!