• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! I have a white screen :(

I want you to try a different recovery Melissa. Go here and download on to your PC (not the Mac). Rename the file to PC36IMG.zip (make sure you don't rename it PC36IMG.zip.zip, Windows 7 automatically adds the file ext.) and place zip onto the root of your sd card (like a ROM), then reboot your phone while holding volume down (this will take you to hboot). Once you're in hboot, your Evo will scan for the PC36IMG.zip file and ask if you'd like to proceed w/ the update, select yes. After the update I want you to go to recovery and try to flash the ROM you were attempting to flash earlier (don't forget to wipe cache/dalvik first). Let me know what happens.

Reactions: melissai_
Upvote 0
thank you so much everyone! i really appreciate all of your help and tips and awesomness! really and truly :)

i know a kid who is a developer on XDA and he just came to pick it up to work some magic on it :) haha

oyy i will post an update when i go pick it up...until now, I'm fortunate enough to work at a cell phone store ( ironic that i bricked my phone, huh haha ) and have about 10 demo phones I can use for the time being and I have chosen the Nexus X :)

thank you again for all your guidance! it was above and beyond what i could have asked for

Upvote 0
When you get your Evo back be sure to ask exactly what was done and post it here for anyone else who may have a similar problem. Thanks.

yeah! no problem -

he said he tried flashing the rom i had on my SD "fresh evo3" - it was just a random one to see if I could and I dont think the link was good because it said "Installation aborted".

He took it and flashed the CyanogenMod rom and deleted the back up i had made because it was a boot loop backup- useless haha - then it was all good! I guess I just got a bad link because it seems this ROM is working like charm. Aside from the random voicemails I get. Oy.

These are my specs now:

CPU Info: ARMv7 Processor rev2 (v71)
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7.0.0-RC2-supersonic
Kernel: 2.6.37.2-CyanogenMod-012210ga3fb399

Again - thank you so so much to everyone who helped me! I learned a lot about my phone through this screw up because of you all!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones