• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help I have bad battery life on my s4

Lots of posts on general settings advice for battery saving (screen brightness to auto, no live wallpaper, etc.) But I've found using a power manager app does wonders. I'm now using GO Power Master and a fully charged phone at bed time is only down to about 90% when I wake up. Phone will go all day with moderate use.

Upvote 0
What is your brightness set at? The GS4 has a bright screen with low settings, it doesn't need to be set very high. Mine is set at the 'ss' below the word 'Brightness' in the settings menu. I also have a few S things turned off. And yet, I got this out of my GS4's battery yesterday.

Screenshot_2013-05-10-06-10-23_zps7663fe81.png

Sorry if the pic is huge. Now, it did sit for 12 hours while I was at work, but cut those out and that's 26 hours active. You shouldn't be having issues, check your settings. Also, a weak signal will destroy your battery life as well.

Upvote 0
Lots of posts on general settings advice for battery saving (screen brightness to auto, no live wallpaper, etc.) But I've found using a power manager app does wonders. I'm now using GO Power Master and a fully charged phone at bed time is only down to about 90% when I wake up. Phone will go all day with moderate use.

When I first got my S4, it would use about 2% overnight. But now that I've loaded it with some apps and whatnot, it drops 5%-8% or so overnight.

I keep mine in powersave mode, leave wifi and sync on, turn off GPS unless using it. I've not had any issues getting a full day of service out of it, but a good 16-18 hour day will take a toll on the battery reserves and I'll probably be down to 20-25% or so.

I typically charge in the morning before my day starts and the phone charges quickly enough to get 100% before I leave. But at first I would charge at night to see what the overnight drain would be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones