• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP!!! I messed up my TXT messaging!! Can't get TEXTS!!

Northstar_69

Lurker
Sep 19, 2010
Can anyone PLEASE help? I messed up my text messaging. I installed ChompSMS and did not like it now that I uninstalled it I can no longer get my text messages. they show up in my notification bar but when I touch the notification it takes me to my inbox and the messages are not there??? I dont know how to turn back on my original text messaging that came with my Droid Incredible??? I knew i should not have messed with it!! Can anyone please help? before i do a factory restore and lose EVERYTHIng??

Can anyone PLEASE help? I messed up my text messaging. I installed ChompSMS and did not like it now that I uninstalled it I can no longer get my text messages. they show up in my notification bar but when I touch the notification it takes me to my inbox and the messages are not there??? I dont know how to turn back on my original text messaging that came with my Droid Incredible??? I knew i should not have messed with it!! Can anyone please help? before i do a factory restore and lose EVERYTHIng??

Do not panic! We are here to help ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Go to your apps and you should have your stock messaging app.
It's either called messages, or messaging. Open that up and all your messages should be right there...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones