• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP...I ND TO REMOVE ALL APPS

Service apps? What are they?
Idk really,like hidden apks,or mirror apps...when I look them up they say something like developers platform and I have no idea how it got that way.im really sadden by the fact that I only have 8 and my crazy ass ex has taken 5 with this bs.ive tried apk remover apps,apps that delete mirror apps and even went things to google,but nothing is helping...

Upvote 0
I'm also confused as to your terminology of "service apps"? Do you mean "System apps"?
System apps are apps on the device that come preinstalled with the device...usually you can disable them, but not uninstall them as @Dannydet said.

A factory reset as @dontpanicbobby suggested will delete all the apps you have installed, but leave the apps that came preinstalled already.

What are the names of the apps in question?

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
I'm also confused as to your terminology of "service apps"? Do you mean "System apps"?
System apps are apps on the device that come preinstalled with the device...usually you can disable them, but not uninstall them as @Dannydet said.

A factory reset as @dontpanicbobby suggested will delete all the apps you have installed, but leave the apps that came preinstalled already.

What are the names of the apps in question?
No,they are not system apps,they are apps like frameworks,and mirror apk apps like Google play store and Knox security.idk I guess it's hard for me to explain since I didn't put them on there.but he (ex) synced our google account awhile back and when i found out,he already had a developers platform on my phone...

Upvote 0
No,they are not system apps,they are apps like frameworks,and mirror apk apps like Google play store and Knox security.idk I guess it's hard for me to explain since I didn't put them on there.but he (ex) synced our google account awhile back and when i found out,he already had a developers platform on my phone...

Well those do sound like system apps. Knox definitely is if it's a Samsung Galaxy phone. Every Samsung phone and tablet has Knox. Play Store is system, and frameworks might be, all depending what they're for, e.g. Google Mobile Services framework.

More details needed I think. If necessary post some screen-shots of what you think the problem might be.

Upvote 0
Yes,i know they sound like them,but they are apk mirror apps.and when I go to play store to look up mirror apps,or look up apk apps all it does is tell me what is downloaded,but not how to delete them...i will screen shot in a few and post

I have no idea what "mirror apps" are. Think you better give us more details, like screen-shots possibly.

Only thing I found is the Daily Mirror app, but that's only a newspaper app and is quite benign.

Upvote 0
I have no idea what "mirror apps" are. Think you better give us more details, like screen-shots possibly.

Only thing I found is the Daily Mirror app, but that's only a newspaper app and is quite benign.
I went somewhere like apkmirror.com and they told me what was in my phone but not how to delete it,and I've been looking further into it and it says something like developers platform,I tried to contact goggle about a "project" that is under my phone account but they said if I didn't have a project number they couldn't help.well I obviously don't have a project number cause I didn't put it on there...so idk what else to do,maybe I'll just factory reset my phone and get a new SIM card cause this is making me lose my mind...i just want my phone back and to not have all these issues...

Upvote 0
There's nothing special about the apps on apkmirror.com. It's just a safe site for downloading older versions of apps from (many app download sites are anything but safe). I've used it myself when an update has screwed an app up and I want the older, working version back.

Apk is just the format that Android apps are downloaded in, wherever you get them from (including the Play Store). So every app on your phone is an "apk app".

What phone model is this? In the last resort you might be able to wipe it and install a complete clean set of software, but we'll need to know exactly what model it is on order to help with something like that.

BTW I notice you said "our" Google account. If that means you shared one, or gave him access, then if you don't want your ex messing with your phone you must not use a Google account that he has access to. But back up contacts first, because if they are synced with Google and you change Google account (removing the old one from the phone) you'll lose those contacts. If you are thinking of a factory reset then back up anyway, to be safe.

BTW changing SIM will only change your phone number, nothing else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones