• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need to replace Optimus F3, what should I get?

dredges

Sep 15, 2011
I need to replace my wife's Optimus F3, what should I get?
She lost it and it's long gone.
I also have the same phone.
We're not power users or anything but the lack of internal memory really got on our nerves, constantly deleting and moving before you can do anything etc... really annoying.

Any budget phones that are a step up?
What should I get her?
I'll be keeping mine a while longer, at least till it starts flaking out.

Help is appreciated.
Thanks

Optimus F60. Bought mine new from MPCS, $50 + Activation. Very comparable to your F3, but with much more storage. Only physical difference between F3 and F60 is no physical home button, no LED notification. Nav keys are now part of the actual display. Great phone for the $$

Another option is the L70, think those are going for cheap money now, but it's 4G only, no LTE.

Edit:

I see they're still selling the Optimus F6 cheap, there's another option if you can live with the storage issue.

I also have a Kyocera Hydro Life on my plan, that's a nice handset (no LTE on that either)

The F60 may be the one you want, LTE compatible better storage and nicely priced.

Stay away from ANY Alcatel handsets!! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The F60 may have a nice display (IPS), but storage while better than the F3 is not spectacular @4GB.
You might want to take a look at the Galaxy Avant which is currently $69 and has a lot more storage (16GB/11GB available) as well as more RAM (1.5GB). Also decent CPU (1.2GHz quad-core).
I switched to an Avant from my F3 and was pretty happy with it, the display isn't stellar but I don't play games or watch a lot of video so it wasn't a big deal. Unfortunately the one I got has what appears to be a hardware issue so I've moved on to an S5, but if that hadn't happened I'd still be using the Avant.

Upvote 0
The problem is that most of the stores, at least in my area, don't have the phones that I want.

Support is ending for my CDMA phone (LG Spirit) but I can't find a single store in the entire SF Bay Area that carries the ZTE ZMax or the Sammy Avant, so I will have to wait 3 months for a MIR, or buy an in-stock device that is my 3rd or 4th choice which is not really a choice.

C'mon, Metro - Step up your game and get these handsets in your stores.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones