1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help I think i've bricked.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hilts, Aug 9, 2012.

1. hilts

hilts Newbie

Help guys. I have used the nexus toolkit and installed the drivers,unlocked the bootloader then unlocked the nexus 7 , all went fine. I then rooted it but just sat there saying waiting for nexus to reboot but it was like that for about 30 minutes. I closed down the tool kit but my nexus 7 is stuck with the android image with the door open and start at the top and I cant do anything with the nexus its stuck. When I try to conect it to the pc again it is not recognising it.
    Help is it dead ?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

Hey, sorry for the long wait for reply.

Volume button up or down does nothing? You can't press the power button and make it start?
    Hold down the power button and down volume for like 30 seconds. See if it'll shutdown

3. hilts

hilts Newbie

Nice one.. that worked. Think the problem lies when picking the correct version from the drop down menu in the root toolkit. I updated to Android 4.1.1 when I first got the Nexus so my model number is JRO03D but on the toolkit it only shows up as JRO03C. Should I go back to Android 4.1 ?
    If this makes sense.

4. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

I unlocked any put a custom ROM on it right out of the box, so... I don't know know

5. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

Its ok to choose C if you have JRO03D. It will still work fine.

Were you following this guide?

6. hilts

hilts Newbie

Yah ... Sorted it and root done . I had the wrong model type loaded. Doh. Great piece of software its easy when you know how.

Thanks Guys.

Atma likes this.