1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! I uninstalled google play and now I can't get it back!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by j03p4n75, Apr 23, 2012.

1. j03p4n75

j03p4n75 Newbie

Every time I try to run Google Play it force closes. It's really frustrating and I've been trying to get it working now for over two weeks. Can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. j03p4n75

j03p4n75 Newbie

I just tried to manually install it, but I still get nothing but instantaneous force closes.

3. Sarrith

Sarrith Well-Known Member

factory reset your phone? (last resort if nothing better comes along)

4. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

try this one out but u have to install it thru cwm don't wipe nothing just flash
    http://db.tt/dwekK6lR

5. j03p4n75

j03p4n75 Newbie

Where can I get my hands on cwm? I'm new to all this.

6. j03p4n75

j03p4n75 Newbie

I've already tried factory reset. Still no improvements.

7. freeicc

freeicc Lurker

register gmail go to droid market install google movie player then look in app gui next to movie player should be there or surf web go to google play install any google app and then it should be in app gui folder

my gramer stinks and Im noob so no vocab

hopes this helps

8. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

9. j03p4n75

j03p4n75 Newbie

First, I would like to say thank you for all the help you've given. It's greatly appreciated.

Alright, I got cwm, but when I selected "choose ZIP from sdcard" and on the screen with 10 "no" options and one "yes," I selected "yes."

I got the following:

-- Installing: file location
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    E: Error in file location
    (Status 0)
    Installation aborted.

Did I do something I wasn't supposed to? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. j03p4n75

j03p4n75 Newbie

For some reason, ever since I tried this my phone won't recognize the icons for apps on SD. Also, they won't show up in App Drawer. Any ideas why or how to fix it?

I've tried moving them to phone and restarting, which brings the icons back and puts them in the App Drawer, but once I put them back on SD and restart, they disappear again.

11. RobertT22

RobertT22 Member

Maybe I can help.

I have in my backup apps a file called "com.android.vending.apk" also known as Google Play.

PM me and I will get this right out to you and see if that helps.

12. j03p4n75

j03p4n75 Newbie

After a lot of thinking and trying and trying again, I finally found that if I flashed a custom ROM, specifically Stock++, Google Play works again! Yay!! So much effort for something so simple... :/

13. aayan94

aayan94 Lurker

I have same problem that you had. What is flashing a rom and how to do it?

14. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

You need to get your device rooted and then flash a custom rom like Cyanogenmod.

15. Use Odin to flash cwm 5.0.2.8 from the all things root section at the top of the forum is a section for all about root...find it there and flash by turning phone off, take out battery, put battery back in, then hold down the camera button while u plug the USB cable attached to your computer into the phone....then hit volume up to accept... then boot into cwm, select mounts and storage, select mount USB storage, and transfer the custom from if your choice to the phone...then select disconnect USB storage, go to main cwm menu, select install from SD card and choose the from if your choice...I recommend ctmod or cm7...also advise flashing upgraded cwm 6.0.3.2 once your set up...hope that helps there's lots of how to on here

16. Forgot to put u flash cwm with Odin, select the cwm.tar u download and put it in the PDA section and the schr720.ops in the ops section then hit start....do not click any of the other options there may be in odin

17. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Don't forget that you need to have a rooted phone first.

18. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Here are some slight corrections and other recommended roms. Only cwm 5.0.2.7 can be flashed in odin, but after you flash that you can download cwm 5.0.2.8 and flash that in cwm to be able to use overclocked roms. You don't have to take out the battery and put it back in before entering download mode (at least I never had to). Also your phone doesn't have to be rooted before you can flash a custom rom. I also recommend you try OA or monster. I haven't tried any of the newer roms so I don't know how they stand up to older roms but those roms have always been speedy and stable for me.

19. Samsung Use i

Samsung Use i Well-Known Member

My question is (not to be mean)

Why the hell would you uninstall Play store?

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews