• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help, I'm on Wifi but somehow have used 700MB of data in one day

thewerks

Lurker
May 26, 2010
I just got my Motorola Milestone (droid in the US) yesterday and I've spent much of today just playing around with the phone and downloading a few apps, such as facebook, foursquare, msn messenger, yahoo messenger, a a couple others. Last night, as soon as I got home I connected it to the wifi, and all day today the wifi symbol is appearing on my phone. However, when I logged into "mytelus" to set up my account, it says I have used almost 700MB of data, today alone. As I have been on wifi there should be NO data usage so I'm a bit confused. The only thing I can think of is that I had it plugged into my computer this morning and was using both my computer and my handset a bit while it was plugged it, but I don't think the laptop could be tethering through my phone could it? I never set anything up to do that. I dunno, if someone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones