1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help installing Marshmallow?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Hopefully one of y'all can help me out here. I have a AT&T branded phone that has been unlocked and is now connected through Tmobile. Because it is not originally a Tmo phone, Tmo has said they can not push the update to me.

So....

I have the Note 5 drivers installed on my PC as well as Odin. I understand most of this. I've already turned on USB Debugging and OEM Reset. Here's where I am mixed up -

I followed the link to DL Marshmallow. It was a Cambodian link (oddly, half my family is over there). When I extracted the file(s) there was only ONE. Per the instructions I was expecting THREE. The name of the file is split into three sections each separated by an underscore. So at first i thought i was supposed to split it up and place a third of it into each box (on Odin) but none of the sections contain the letters "AP"; "CP"; "BL" in succession.

any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Advertisement

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    AT&T doesn't release its firmware and the only way to update a AT&T device is OTA which usually requires a active AT&T sim. I would be doubtful if anyone has a marshmallow firmware that you can flash with Odin.
    AT&T locks the bootloader on their branded devices and if you attempt to flash firmware for another model you most likely will end up with a nice paper weight.
    Short version, if it's not specifically for your model, don't try it.

Did a little digging and seems that AT&T hasn't started the OTA for marshmallow yet. Look at this thread at XDA
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-note5/general/marshmallow-update-expected-t3334022/page35

What was released in Cambodia was for the SM-N920C model, AT&T version is SM-N920A

#2 Jfalls63, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. Saheim

Saheim Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for the response. Appreciate the information (albeit bad news :( )

4. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Chances are good that as soon as AT&T starts pushing out the OTA some one at XDA will capture it and post a link to where you can download it and a procedure to apply the update. Keep tabs on the XDA link and I'll dig a little deeper for procedure.
    They also mentioned the Samsung reps that are at every Best Buy being able to update for you when it's released. Worth checking into.

El Presidente likes this.