• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help is here!

richiedaze

Dec 24, 2010
New York
My name is Richiedaze. I have been with Android since Oct 2008. I joined XDA on Jan 2009 and have been tinkering with it since. I hear the crys of you guys and I am available to help once I purchase the LG Optimus M. If any one wishes to help me purchase this phone please donate to my paypal account name richiedaze. I have a number of modifications that need to be done to bring this phone up to date with the current Android phones with root privledges...

This list includes:
1) Recovery.img (Recovery)
2) SPL (Bootloader)
3) Boot.img
4) kernel
5) system.img (Rom)
6) Rom Themes
7) Carrier Splash screen changing/modifications
8) Custom Animated splash screens
9) Many more customizations and optimizations...

Please post on this thread any modification you would like to see on your Lg Optimus M.

Note:
I am able to start some of the developement but I am unable to test it on a phone. I am requesting some info from your phone in order to begin. To help begin this process you guys/gals are needed. Go to the market and download Terminal Emulator. This tool is required for most operations performed in modifing your Optimus M. Also Busybox is an other tool of choice by most developers and apks that use Su(super user) / Root permissions...

richiedaze at gmail

Total Currency toward this phone as of today: $155.00
(If you donate towards the phone, please post how much you send, so I can post your name on my Thank you list under all my modified alternatives)

I would like to thank the following people for their donations and support:
-ChazzMat + $20.00
-green_machine + $10.00

I'm sorry I don't have any money to donate right this very second but when I get the chance I will. So that being said I was wondering if u could include in ur build the ability for the phone to recognize 850 frequency and 1ghz frequency as I believe if we can make the phone run @ 1ghz processor speed we can solve everyone's problem with not being able to run flash 10.1, help is much appreciated thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry I don't have any money to donate right this very second but when I get the chance I will. So that being said I was wondering if u could include in ur build the ability for the phone to recognize 850 frequency and 1ghz frequency as I believe if we can make the phone run @ 1ghz processor speed we can solve everyone's problem with not being able to run flash 10.1, help is much appreciated thanks.

To my knowledge Flash player runs on Arm7 or higher. I believe this phone is a Arm6 like all other mid or lower level Android phones. The radio fequencies cannot be changes because they are a closed source from the service provider in the radio.img. But the processor speed can be changes to run faster. This will speed up your phones processes but kill your battery in the process, so the trick is to make the processes faster but to save battery at the same time, which can be edited in the Kernel.

Upvote 0
But the processor speed can be changes to run faster. This will speed up your phones processes but kill your battery in the process, so the trick is to make the processes faster but to save battery at the same time, which can be edited in the Kernel.

Yeah, this is why Apple chooses to underclock their 1GHz iPhone 4 CPU to less than 800Mhz. Tear down shows they have a 1Ghz processor, but experts who have run tests on the iPhone 4 say it's just running at somewhere between 750 - 800Mhz. Why would Apple do that? Trade off between performance and battery time. Apparently the extra 200Mhz performance was negligible but battery life was very measurable. Like an extra hour or even 1.5 hours of standby time, if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0
id like to donate but am a bit weary of giving my money to people i dont know lol. i see you also only have 7 posts on this site so how do i know ur not a scam. who knows this richiedaze guy? can i trust the money i donate to his phone will help us all benefit? my main goal on my optimus m is overclocking the cpu so i guess thats falls under kernel. i saw that in your development post for this phone that kernel was not in your list there for development. someone put my mind at ease here and ill throw ya some cash myself and help in anyway possible. just rooted my phone so i could overclock the cpu and found that i cant oc the cpu LAAAAMMME!! lol.

Upvote 0
Donations are up to you for a decision and if it will not hinder your budget. I am new to this forums. I am a senor member on XDA developers forums. You can check my XDA workings. Please feel free to read the users/testers comments. FYI any other Android phones rom modders still refer to the XDA G1 Android Developement for references,mods,edits and changes. The G1 is the Great Grand Daddy of all Android Phones... But times change...

2 reasons and many cryies have brought me to this site.
First, was it rootable. Thread I found here...Thanks to MikesTools
Second, was there any custom roms. Thread I found on XDA's chef central ... Thanks to Lionrain and everyone that posted asking for help.

@ DavidSB
David, the kernel is inside the boot.img. The kernel's modules are in the rom(system.img). Sorry for not stating it's contents clearly. I will explain it more on the second post of the LG Optimus M Developement thread.

Upvote 0
I deleted the default browser from my lg optimus m for metropcs after root. thought i had a back up for the root, but didn't, and restored to factory settings, now i don't have any web browser at all, and android market does not work. it starts downloading an app, and goes to 100%, afterwards the application crashes and there is nothing on the phone and nothing in downloading list anymore..it just vanishes.. also, i have gmail on the phone but it does not show any new mail. although it does go the inbox...Navigation does not work either.is this because i do not have a web browser? youtube does work.
I tried downloading web browser on the sd card from another phone and putting it on my phone, but i cannot see it at all.
What can i do to to put a web browser without using the market? and once i do get a browser will this fix all the other stuff?
I didn't really delete anything after root other than bloatware.

Upvote 0
Might want to take into consideration that if there's a new update floating around that whenever you purchase this phone Metro may upgrade the firmware at purchase if it's not already sent to them from LG with the new firmware on it. If that is the case it would seem that rooting the phone would be impossible at the moment.

Take a look here! :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
To my knowledge Flash player runs on Arm7 or higher. I believe this phone is a Arm6 like all other mid or lower level Android phones. The radio fequencies cannot be changes because they are a closed source from the service provider in the radio.img. But the processor speed can be changes to run faster. This will speed up your phones processes but kill your battery in the process, so the trick is to make the processes faster but to save battery at the same time, which can be edited in the Kernel.

So would this be something you have done, or be willing to do? Also from what you listed above:

This list includes:
1) Recovery.img (Recovery)
2) SPL (Bootloader)
3) Boot.img
4) kernel
5) system.img (Rom)
6) Rom Themes
7) Carrier Splash screen changing/modifications
8) Custom Animated splash screens
9) Many more customizations and optimizations...

What does this allow us to do? I'm definately willing to contribute if i know the value/purpose. So far i've rooted my phone with no prob, and removed all bloatware. I've checked out XDA forums, and seen the custom roms, but outside of look/inferface i'm just curious what else custom roms offer. As you can tell i'm an android noob lol. Thanks for the hardwork though man.

Upvote 0
Where did you get that info? armv6 processors offically do not support flash 10.1 regardless of processor speed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones