• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Is this a serious security problem?

andy_48

May 20, 2010
I have a notification that I do not recognise: "Slides requests sensitive permissions". It is in red with an icon that is a red key on a white background in a red triangle. When I clicked on it it seemed to start an app analysing my phone and SD card memory.

I freaked out, powered off the phone immediately and whipped out my SD card. I powered it back on and this notification reappeared.

Any idea what this is and is it safe? If not, how do I get rid of it?

Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1

Thanks for you reply, by the way. Appreciate it.
That's what are little community is about. Welcome to AF.

I've tried searching based on the error message or the description but am coming up empty. Maybe another member will chime in with ideas or if you see it again, we can get a peak at the screenshot.

Upvote 0
I got this notofication also. Here's a screenshot. Looks evil. My phone is rooted and with TWRP, Galaxy K Zoom, Android 4.4.

Attachments

• tmp_11932-Screenshot_2016-01-29-21-42-40-1068372626.png
    tmp_11932-Screenshot_2016-01-29-21-42-40-1068372626.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
Honestly I'd get rid of clean master as well. Cheetah mobile is notorious for malware apps. I guarantee if you search the site for cheetah mobile you will come across many threads telling you to uninstall anything made by them.

Also, as far as clean master or similar type apps, take a look at these threads as you might change your mind about using them:

http://androidforums.com/threads/why-you-dont-need-a-task-killer.335110/

http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

Upvote 0
Es File explore used to be good back in the cupcake/gingerbread days as a free root browser with a good ui and networking abilities; however, they did a ui update with ice cream sandwich and it went downhill from there. The best free one from the store at this point in time is probably JRummy's Root Browser; although, i use CMfilemanager because it works great and has no ads only thing its missing is the ability to read .db files.

Reactions: rurocking
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones