• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP Its telling me my SD card is NG???

gm991

Android Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
So I turn my phone on and it tells me my SD cards might not be any good and I will have to reformat it??
WFT??
Its been in the phone for a year and has like 200 pictures on it.
Does this have to do with the 2.1 upgrade and is this the begining of the Eris turning into a piece of CRAP!!!

And now anytime I go to try to read the card on my PC it doesn't work...:(:(:(
I'm I going to lose all the info on the crad...DAM!!!!!!
I have pictures on there I really want...:(
Please help

Another strange thing, after I pulled the card to try to read it on my PC, all the pictures for my contacts, and wall papers where still on the phone, all those pictures I was using are stored on the SD card.

thanks

Yeah, I think you're screwed. I tried to recovery my wife's SD card when it did this, and I couldn't. She lost 3 years of pics. I still have the card, so I may give it a try again eventually. Try doing a google search of "recovery corrupt SD card".

As for the pictures used for your contacts and wallpapers, when you assign those pics to your contacts or wallpaper, the phone copies the pics to internal flash. So even if you remove your SD card, those pics don't go away. It would be kind of dumb if the phone used the pic right from the SD card.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I think you're screwed. I tried to recovery my wife's SD card when it did this, and I couldn't. She lost 3 years of pics. I still have the card, so I may give it a try again eventually. Try doing a google search of "recovery corrupt SD card".

As for the pictures used for your contacts and wallpapers, when you assign those pics to your contacts or wallpaper, the phone copies the pics to internal flash. So even if you remove your SD card, those pics don't go away. It would be kind of dumb if the phone used the pic right from the SD card.

thanks thats what I thought, will the pictures in flash stay put?

Upvote 0
Just for the record, it is highly unlikely that the problem with your SD card had anything to do with the upgrade to 2.1.

Flash memory cards can last for years and years, or they can crap out after a few months. And there are a million and one reasons for failure. That's why out is so important to back up on a regular basis.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
So I turn my phone on and it tells me my SD cards might not be any good and I will have to reformat it??
WFT??
Its been in the phone for a year and has like 200 pictures on it.
Does this have to do with the 2.1 upgrade and is this the begining of the Eris turning into a piece of CRAP!!!

And now anytime I go to try to read the card on my PC it doesn't work...:(:(:(
I'm I going to lose all the info on the crad...DAM!!!!!!
I have pictures on there I really want...:(
Please help

Another strange thing, after I pulled the card to try to read it on my PC, all the pictures for my contacts, and wall papers where still on the phone, all those pictures I was using are stored on the SD card.

thanks

Mine did this the other day. I took out the SDCard, tried it on my girlfriends Eris and it loaded fine. Put it back in my phone and again it loaded fine. Odd if it's not showing up on other things, could be a bad SDCard. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones