1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! I've lost my device and ADM cannot find it!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Splint97, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Splint97

Splint97 Lurker

I lost my phone! It's on a lock screen though. I'm not mad about losing it its just that I don't want nobody going through my pictures and text messages. I tried Android device manager because I wanted to wipe it but the phone didn't show up in the device list. I never logged into my gmail with it but I did use the Google store.

What can I do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

As it sounds like you're already aware of the situation I'm afraid don't have have much to add. If you didn't enable the different Android Device Manager settings in the 'Google Settings' app and you don't see your phone listed when you're using a browser to access Google Play that's not a good sign. (Also, ADM needs 'Location' to be on so if you normally leave it off that makes it even less likely ADM would be of any help.)
    If anything you did have a lock screen so that's good. The odds are whoever has your phone now isn't interested in whatever info is on the phone and won't put too much effort to get past the lock screen, they will most likely just want to Factory Reset it to use or sell.

AZgl1500 and Mikestony like this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hello @Splint97!.
    I've added more info to your thread title as the word "help" doesn't really attract much attention;)

I really don't have much to add other than @svim 's post, and if ADM doesn't find the device, your good news is that you had a lock screen set up :)
    Not sure if your carrier can track the signal at all--just a thought.

4. Eddyjr

Eddyjr Lurker

My last two phones have come with lookout installed, if it was on your phone it also has a missing device option.

#4 Eddyjr, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Cerberus is also a great app for locating your device, locking it down, emailing you photos of anyone trying to unlock your phone and remotely wiping it. If ADM can't find it, it's probably gone unless someone goes through your contacts and tracks you down. Depending on where you are, those odds may not be good. Sorry :oops:

6. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert

I hope the OP reported it to their carrier as being lost or stolen, so it could be marked as having a bad ESN or MEID.

svim and AZgl1500 like this.
  7. Jawadm

Jawadm Lurker

I am sorry to hear that my friend, But I am sure you can trace it using an app on the internet.

8. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Not sure how he would do that as his phone is gone :thinking:
    Do you have any suggestions?

electricpete and svim like this.