• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help. Just a little curiosity.

Mysterka35

May 31, 2017
Hello, I've been using lucky patcher with my rooted lg g4c for a while now. But recently I've noticed something I've been wondering some time. So, some of system apps (in lucky patcher) has the same custom patch. What will change if I apply this 320 DPI patch? Will I gain from it something or what? Here is a screenshot with further explanation. (sorry for my bad English BTW.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-05-38.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-05-38.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 161
Oh my oh my. even though lucky patcher is considered as piracy I though this forum may help me because it still is related to android. Secondly, as as far as I know myself that DPI might mean: density per inch.. So what might that do? I was searching for it in google about those Samsung devices which are named under my screenshot and I've found something like this related to xda forums.. But still i don't get it. What it has to do with puracy and Android..

Upvote 0
Well, I'm sorry but I'm using lucky patcher for my own purposes, i never considered it might be a threat to developers because I really just using it for odexing apps (well, not sure how is that called but it helps to save space and one of those custom patch is to use youtube in background. Honestly I've never used lucky patcher to get stuff for free, because i might just be caught doing crime

Upvote 0
... because I really just using it for odexing apps...
Apps like Lucky Patcher exist to allow a user to edit an app's Odex, a common edit being the disabling of a show advertising entry. By doing this it reduces what a developer might expect to receive from ad revenue. Of course almost everyone dislikes ads but a lot of developers just don't want to get into a pay-for situation and instead rely on ad revenue. For those instances where there's a free version and pay-for version, we as app users can just pay up,or we either put up with the ads, or find an alternative app. In the matter of tweaking your OS, there are other solutions besides Lucky Patcher.

Upvote 0
Hey @Mysterka35, there's no need to have the thread removed...you've not asked for anything pernicious here, it's just that the app in question (which I detest naming) has a long history of being used primarily for allowing folks to use paid apps for free.

There are, as your indicating and that others in the past have posted about, other features/uses for the app, but there are likely few folks here that have installed and use it that can assist you with those features because of the app's other nefarious (main) purposes.

I think that @svim means that you need to search for other apps and utilities that will solve your DPI issues, of which I'm sure there are lots out there (I don't have any direct experience with those, though).

Be sure to take a backup (Nandroid, etc.) before messing with your screen density as a bad setting could leave you with an unusable UI.

Cheers and best of luck!

Upvote 0
Hello, sorry for not responding earlier. So.. Basically it may mess density of my screen as I understand? Then it's fine. I will not use Lucky patcher non for DPI and even more I won't use it for purposes Like getting things for free and any other illegal purposes. Still, it really by little improves space. But still. I don't understand what DPI problems I may suffer right now. Haven't noticed any.. Anyway thanks for your support

Reactions: Gmo Reyes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones