1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help! Just converted from IOS to Android. Can't figure out this email problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gman44116, Jun 12, 2011.

1. gman44116

gman44116 Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    So, I have my T-Mobile Galaxy S all set up. I have two gmail accounts that I setup on the Galaxy.

Problem is whenever I receive an email or send an email that I have subsequently deleted on the Galaxy, these same emails show up on my Microsoft Entourage Mac email app.

I can't figure out what setting I need to change so when I delete emails on the phone they don't come in as 'new' emails on my macbook entourage email app. Sent items from the Galaxy also show up in the 'inbox' on the entourage app.

My iphone would always delete these emails and they would not show up on the entourage app like I am now dealing with.

How do I correct this?? There must be a quick fix.

Sorry, I am a Android noob. I searched this forum and a google search but could not come up with any solutions....

thank you in advance..

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Are you using the Gmail app or the Mail app? If you are using a gmail account, you should be using the gmail app.

Also, is your gmail set to forward to your mac email? Or are they synced? This will tell us if the duplicate emails are coming from the phone, or from the email account itself.

3. gman44116

gman44116 Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    I am not using the gmail app. I just saw the 'email' app on the homescreen and did a quick setup.

Not sure how my gmail is setup as I have never made any changes thru gmail.com online to my email account(s).

Entourage is very much identical to outlook as it is a Microsoft product made for apple (my macbook).

Basically, I use Entourage as my main email application. I never go to gmail.com to check e-mail. Nothing ever gets deleted from the gmail server when I delete an email or move an email to a specific folder with Entourage. Which is how I am very accustomed to.

On the phone's General Sync Settings under manage settings the Google logo is checked to sync this email address (not sure if this has to do with email. Seems this is for contacts, calendar etc).

Basically, if my laptop was shutdown I would expect all email to go to my phone. Anything that I have not deleted would basically vanish from the phone when I received these emails in Entourage after starting up my mac laptop (in Entourage). This is all I want like I had.

What currently happens is the emails that I receive on my phone (because Entourage app on the laptop was closed) regardless if deleted or not still show up when I open up the Entourage app. Also all sent email from the phone shows up in the Entourage app in my inbox..

Not sure if this important to this dilemma, my email thru entourage is POP and through the Android Galaxy its IMAP. Both are enabled and auto-expunge is on (In the gmail.com configurations) in the IMAP access section.

Seems like Android email app is not updating the gmail server. Not sure why when I send an email it shows up in the Entourage app inbox. Someone help keeping me converted to the Android platform!! This is getting frustrating..

I hope this gives you more details sitlet.

Thanks in advance..

4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    POP accounts don't sync. Once email makes it to Entourage, neither the mail server nor your Android device can change what's in Entourage. I'd suggest setting up your gmail account as IMAP in Entourage, if possible.