1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help! just got a new Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jjsungz, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jjsungz

jjsungz Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    I just a Galaxy S2 yay! but...I'm poor so I have a 250 mb plan. How do i get the emulators, roms, and other cool aps on there without downloading it directly on the phone. Can i download it on my computer and transfer it onto the phone? I never had a smart phone so I was blown away when I found out I could put emulators and roms there. Please help me out, thanks!

-i've been reading and most say put in on SD card but i don't own one...i tried putting stuff on usb storage when i connect my phone to my computer but it crashes...any help?

edit 2- I've been at this for a bit now and I try putting things in the phone through usb but it keeps saying it can't copy it mid way through the process...

Advertisement

2. jjsungz

jjsungz Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    bump

3. mikabuc

mikabuc Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Your poor and you got a GS2 huh?
    I've never had a problem transferring music to mine's usb storage, but those are the only files I've transfered over. That sounds odd...
    You can log onto the android market on your PC, I'd start there and see if you can find any info.
    Google Android market.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
  5. jjsungz

jjsungz Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    yes i am poor lol. I got the 99cent and activation wavered on amazon for black friday! good deal. I got at&t! I've been reading for the pas 4 hours and I think I'm starting to get frustrated hah.

6. lunatic59

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    *moved to Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) forum*

7. jjsungz

jjsungz Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    menu>settings>wirless and networks>usb utilities? I tried that and it said " USB is connected. remove the cable"...and when i disconnect it, it tells me to connect it. I also don't want to put in on the SD card, I want to put it on the phone's hard drive it self.

8. lunatic59

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Right, that's what it's supposed to do if you try and turn on storage while it's plugged in. Unplug the phone, go to USB utilities and turn on storage then connect the phone and you should get the green android robot screen.

[​IMG]

Once you enable storage, your phone will mount as a flash drive. Since you don't have an sd card, the only thing that will mount is the phone's internal storage partition. Even though it is mounted as "/sdcard" it's internal memory.

TwinSac likes this.
  9. jjsungz

jjsungz Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    ok so far so good. I got that page to come up lol, but When I try to copy paste stuff to USBSTORAGE it becomes non responsive and it crashes.

10. lunatic59

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    When you say "it" crashes, do you mean your phone or your pc? What kind of file are you moving?

11. jjsungz

jjsungz Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    my computer. I'm trying to move a folder that contains a rom. I tried moving the emulator which is in .apk format. It shouldn't matter which folder I put this in right?

right now the transfer is stuck at like 25% and won't go further(for the folder containing rom). I'm going to try music next to see if music works.

edit- OMG! the rom file went through! I'm still going to try music file next to see if it will work.

edit- There is def. something wrong here. My emulator which is like 670l wouldn't go through. one song is taking at least 3 minutes now...I don't know how long it will take or if it will even go through.

edit- it said it's transfering 7KB/sec...maybe that's the problem? At least it's not crashing right now.

12. lunatic59

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Something is definitely not Kosher. Your data transfer speeds should be much faster. If it is the PC that is crashing, My first recommendation is to try a different PC and mount as storage mode.