• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help: Kies doesn't recognise WAV files to transfer to phone.

fostario

Lurker
Oct 14, 2011
Hi,

I've been trying to get WAV files from my Computer to Galaxy S2 and I've been failing.

I'm using a Mac and I have the latest version of Kies installed. When I click to 'add music' it recognises all my mp3s as music files but not the WAV files (44.1 16-bit standard CD quality) in the finder window. It doesn't work for both the internal or external options. I also tried Kies air which didn't recognise the files either.

I know I could remove the SD card plug it in direct to my computer and drag and drop, but I'd prefer to use the internal memory as I only have a 4GB card.

Is there other software I can use to bypass kies or just to offer a simple file transfer? Is there settings somewhere that I don't know about? Can the Galaxy even playback WAV files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Stephen

Hi,
I have managed to transfer WAV files ok - but wasnt initially aware that I had been successful as they didnt appear in my Musiclist.
Eventually I found them in files - media - and they play ok from there if you select them individually. The fact that they play indicates support for them, yet Music player doesnt recognise them and allow you to put them in a playlist unfortunately. Seems like Samsung have gone 99% of the way but cant manage the last 1%. Pity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones