1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help!!! Lg g stylo hard/softbricked or something!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shawnster480, Mar 6, 2016.

1. shawnster480

shawnster480 Lurker

Hello. Let me start by saying my phone normally does this, so rebooting wasn't an issue (cause it never has been), I listen to music on my phone and for some strange reason, sometimes when I do this, no sound comes out of it (GP Music app) or it just doesn't play (Stock LG Music App) and YT is just fine... normally when this happens, I just reboot it, and everything goes hunky-dory. Boot times normally take around 40 seconds to 1 Minute, however, this time, I rebooted, and my phone stayed on the LG Logo for what seemed like 2 whole Minutes, and after that, it is to the Metro Logo for god knows how long, it sticks on there for what seems like ever, and is not doing anything but staying there, and idk what to do. I can't take it to Metro now, cause it is rooted, and they wont take it back, cause after they see that the Recovery it TWRP, they will tell me there is nothing they can do. Please Please Please help me, anyone as I do not know what to do. I am a 15 year old with no job, and a useless $170 phone that my Mom bought me, and don't say that it is caused from root, cause I know for a 100% fact that is not the issue, it just randomly happened out of nowhere, and now I'm stuck with a brick (I think) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

2. Nickforever216

Nickforever216 Well-Known Member

Try flashing stock rom? Its on these forms

3. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert

Did you clean the cache before rebooting? I know from my experience that the phone will take longer to boot, if that's the case.

4. NullaVisus

NullaVisus Newbie

Can you access TWRP via button combo?

When phone is off, hold power+volume down until LG logo appears, then take hands off buttons and immediately press buttons again while LG logo is still on screen, then say you want to factory reset by saying yes at the prompts, TWRP should start. There you can plug your phone into your PC and the phone's storage should mount, now you can backup important files, flash another rom, or try doing a factory reset from TWRP to see if it helps.

If you think you can't access TWRP, just keep trying, it takes awhile to get a hang of and do the combo right.

5. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Android Enthusiast

Except when key button factory reset you're only supposed to release the power key and then put ya finger back on it to enter whatever recovery.
    #4.

[​IMG]

6. shawnster480

shawnster480 Lurker

Thank you very much, this worked :) I had to Factory reset it via TWRP. Do you think maybe setting SELINUX to Permissive could've caused this?

7. NullaVisus

NullaVisus Newbie

I don't think so, SELinux is just there to provide application and user access control for OEMs in this case, setting to permissive shouldn't cause any issues

Knew I was doing something wrong, still got it to work although maybe this is why I had a hard time doing it the first time :D

#7 NullaVisus, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  8. DB225

DB225 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had an app hanging up at boot.

9. NullaVisus

NullaVisus Newbie

If that was the case his phone should've booted in safe mode

10. DB225

DB225 Well-Known Member

No, They don't always do that. It wont fully boot into the system. like, Hanging up on the boot logo.

#10 DB225, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews