• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! LG Gpad X8.3 VK815 from VZW. Root/bootloader

McCracken

Lurker
Feb 23, 2016
ADMINS! if im in the wrong place please feel free to move.

ok so for the life of me i cannot get this thing to root or even boot into bootloader to unlock. i have flashed back to stock but im not sure what else to do. i see people have successfully rooted but maybe im to late?

on android version 5.0.2
i have this installed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post48915118
as well as the full SDK
i have tried kingo, stump, and lg one click root.

i have tried several tutorials.

somebody please tell me what im doing wrong

When you say you tried the LG one click root. Did you run it manually or using the graphic UI?
Kingo i know won't work and Stump root was for devices with earlier Android versions.
Kingroot... I don't think would work but i have used Kingroot only on my own device once.

Also what errors if any are you receiving?
I won't be able to reply back possibly till late tonight as i have to work from 3pm CST till whenever i'm done.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I will try this tonight and post the results. Thank you for the advice. I'm on a completely stock device so would there be any preloaded anti V on the device?
Possibly vzw security app, or lookout.
Also i would allow unknown sources and or apps under security. It's usually little things that cause issues.

Upvote 0
tried several times. i do not see anything on my device that appears to be an anti virus

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 196
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Are you adding the correct com port after send_com.exe?

I look in device manager as the one shown in the tutorial is not the one it'll show all the time. And you have 5.0.2 right? And not 5.1.1

correct 5.0.2
it doesn't give a chance to enter anything. send_com.exe just flashes a quick window then disappears. it worked previously but not any more

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones