• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! LG K20 Plus adware? Pop ups? Google?

Aeon Angel

Lurker
Dec 6, 2018
I have adware (I think it's called) pop-ups popping up and then closing what I'm working on and/or doing on my phone. It's really frustrating and I have lookout and malwarebytes downloaded on my phone and still it hasn't detected it. Please help!?!?

The phone: LG K20 Plus
Metro PCS

The first thing I see when it happens is the Google logo then a video starts like an ad. I dont know what to do.

Other option, besides no root firewall, is to root your device.

Root only if you understand the process and know what you are doing. It is not hard to do, and also not hard to screw things up if you don't know what you are doing.

If you are comfortable rooting there are options that block majority of adds. For example, As-away available via F-Droid store or Energize available as a module via Magisk which is a systemless root option.

Just some other ideas as I personally know the frustration of ads. I void my warranty the first day I purchase any new device for the sole purpose of adblocking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones