1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help! LG K20 Plus adware? Pop ups? Google?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aeon Angel, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Aeon Angel

Aeon Angel Lurker
    None

Dec 6, 2018
    I have adware (I think it's called) pop-ups popping up and then closing what I'm working on and/or doing on my phone. It's really frustrating and I have lookout and malwarebytes downloaded on my phone and still it hasn't detected it. Please help!?!?

The phone: LG K20 Plus
    Metro PCS

The first thing I see when it happens is the Google logo then a video starts like an ad. I dont know what to do.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    It's most likely from a recently installed app or an app that came installed on the phone to begin with.
    You can try installing no root firewall from the play store and test your results

3. bkttk2

bkttk2 Android Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2012
    Male
    Blue Springs, MO
    Other option, besides no root firewall, is to root your device.

Root only if you understand the process and know what you are doing. It is not hard to do, and also not hard to screw things up if you don't know what you are doing.

If you are comfortable rooting there are options that block majority of adds. For example, As-away available via F-Droid store or Energize available as a module via Magisk which is a systemless root option.

Just some other ideas as I personally know the frustration of ads. I void my warranty the first day I purchase any new device for the sole purpose of adblocking.