• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! LG Spectrum Bluetooth Auto-Answer Options?

evawong93

Lurker
Dec 23, 2012
Hello everyone!

I am a newbie to the Android world. I have an LG Spectrum and am going crazy trying to configure my bluetooth (Plantronics M50) to auto answer. I had no problem with configuring it on my older, less sophisticated LG Octane, but cannot seem to be able to figure it out on this unit.

Also, I was able to make changes to the call clarity on the Octane, but I cannot do so with the Spectrum. It can sound a bit "tinny" on speaker phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie to the Android world. I have an LG Spectrum and am going crazy trying to configure my bluetooth (Plantronics M50) to auto answer. I had no problem with configuring it on my older, less sophisticated LG Octane, but cannot seem to be able to figure it out on this unit.

Also, I was able to make changes to the call clarity on the Octane, but I cannot do so with the Spectrum. It can sound a bit "tinny" on speaker phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just to be sure, your headset pairs with your phone alright?

Upvote 0
Yes, my headset was already paired. I searched for answers online for quite some time about the auto answer feature prior to asking the question on this forum.

I just find it funny that a lower model LG phone would have the auto answer and phone clarity controls readily available in their settings menu while a model with more bells and whistles wouldn't, unless you"root" it. I did initially see some postings that mentioned rooting, but I skipped them as I had no idea what it was until I was redirected to the LG Spectrum Android Forum.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Outrigger!

I appreciate your offer of help. It's not that big of a deal to me; as I'm not on bluetooth all the time anyway. It was just a nice feature that my last not-so-smart phone offered. I'll just have to slap the side of my head (like I did before) to answer the phone when I have my bluetooth unit on.

Thanks again, and have an awesome holiday!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones