1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP!! Locked out (PIN) and can't factory restore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by umataro42, Dec 17, 2011.

1. umataro42

umataro42 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Male
    San Pedro, CA
    After the OTA, unlocking Bootloader, rooting, and restoring my apps, I did a restart but when I try to enter my PIN it says I have it wrong (I know I don't). I read somewhere about doing a factory reset, and it worked.

Unfortunately, it happened again, and now when I try to go into recovery mode, I just get the Android mascot lying down with his chest plate open and a red warning triangle above it, and eventually it just starts up again back at the PIN unlock.

Is this happening to anyone else, and anyone have a solution? Sorry to make a separate topic but I was supposed to leave for a birthday party 30 minutes ago and now I'm way late.

Advertisement

2. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Go to the root subforum and read the thread on how to unlock the bootloader. You need to set up ADB as they have in the thread, the only difference is you will switch the command from "fasboot oem unlock" to "fastboot -w." That will factory restore your phone. It's time consuming but its the only thing I know how to do on a stock unrooted phone.

umataro42 likes this.
  3. umataro42

None

Aug 3, 2010
    Male
    San Pedro, CA
    Thank you!! That fastboot -w did the trick.

Not sure why that happened though, but for now I'm sticking with slide to unlock. Only other thing I changed was to use Launcher Pro.

4. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    South Florida
    You said this issue was post-root. Did you use Titanium Backup to restore? If so, did you select "Restore missing apps + system data?" If you restored system data, there's a potential issue with the bluetooth settings wherein your PIN is not recognized.

Make sure if you're restoring system data through Titanium, you're selecting only the items in green. The exception to this is the bluetooth settings (they are green as well) - do not restore them.

Edit: the bluetooth settings in question are [SETTINGS/BLUETOOTH] Settings Storage x.x.x-xxxxxx

umataro42 likes this.
  5. umataro42

None

Aug 3, 2010
    Male
    San Pedro, CA
    I did use TB to restore system data so that could've been it. Thanks again!

Tags: