1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Help! Lost 3G after loading XTRSense

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BoulderAndroidFan, Aug 21, 2010.

1. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Multimedia
    West
    Hi--I just rooted and seemed to have everything going well--but now I seemed to have lost 3G, or actually, all network connection. No bars, just the X on signal reader. Can anyone please tell me how to get that going again? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. What remedies have you attempted so far? If no live battery pull yet, I'd try that.

3. BoulderAndroidFan

Dec 18, 2009
    Multimedia
    West
    I'll try that. Thanks!

4. BoulderAndroidFan

Dec 18, 2009
    Multimedia
    West
    What do you mean by "live" battery pull?

5. BoulderAndroidFan

Dec 18, 2009
    Multimedia
    West
    Upon rebooting two times--it seems to have come back...I'll keep you posted...BTW--where is the overclock controls on this ROM.

6. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    student
    Miamisburg, ohio
    You may have to download them from the market, setcpu. Or go over to xdm and look around for setcpu for free. I just paid the 3bucks for it in the market. If you have any more problems with xtrsense try the xtrRom. They are pretty close to each other, I like the xtrRom better myself. On the live battery pull, just pull it while on. Just try not to do it while it is booting up.

7. That's just opening the battery cover and removing the battery while the device is running, rather than powering it down first.

But you're right (as I see your other post), sometimes a reboot will do the trick.

Newly flashed ROMs sometimes need a bit of patience and babying for a little while. ;)

8. Podivin

Podivin Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Welcome to the club. :)

9. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Business Owner
    NC

My Eris seems to do the best after a ROM flash if I let the phone completely boot then I power down and clean the Delvik cache.

10. chimpsnest

chimpsnest Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Having the 3G issue .... if I toggle off the wireless the 3G comes back, going to look more into this....

11. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Just as an FYI, if when you say "wireless" you mean WiFi, that is completely normal. 3G data and WiFi are mutually exclusive - your photo either carries data on 3G, or on WiFi. If you turn on WiFi and connect to an access point, your 3G radio will turn off.

12. KarateExplosion6

KarateExplosion6 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    They're built in already. If you want to roll with your own profile, following the instructions on post #1--you'll need to run a Gscript then install SetCPU or OC Widget.

13. chimpsnest

chimpsnest Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Thank you for clearing that up for me, duh, lol. I never noticed this before and, in fact, had installed an app from the market (free) that would automatically switch the 3g off if I were near a network.

The odd thing was that at the same time I couldn't connect to the gmail so I thought there was a glitch. Now I'm not having any problems w/the gmail, so it must have been "a glitch" but not "the glitch" I was creating in my mind :)