1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help!!!! Lost contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by freezy74, Dec 21, 2011.

1. freezy74

freezy74 Newbie

I had just upgraded from an Incredible to the bionic. Went to Verizon, they backed everything up to what I what I though was Verizon back up ass and put the new numbers on the phone and away I went. A friend rooted the phone today, and when we went to download the numbers there was nothing there. I went online to Back up assistant, nothing. My google account...nothing. ****!!!! I still have my old phone with all the numbers, is there anything I can do with it short of re-hooking it up? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast

You tried syncing your phone and then rebooting it? You can also go to your gmail and see if the #s are there.

3. goldz28

goldz28 Android Enthusiast

He mentioned he went to his google account.

I would take your old phone and add everyone in your contacts. I did that two years ago when I got my first droid and have never had a problem with my numbers since.

4. Did the Numbers get saved to another Google account? Friend's? Girl friend's?

Worst case would be to take the old phone back to Verizon, have them transfer the numbers to your Google account, reactivate the new phone, transfer the numbers to the new phone, then leave the Verizon store.

(I update my Google list once a week from a file from my Workstation Outlook database and it is then automatically synced to my Bionic.)

... Thom

5. freezy74

freezy74 Newbie

Ok, I was able to get this figured out. I couldn't send them to Google Via WiFi. I went on the old phone and saved al the contacts to the sd card. Put the sd card from the old phone into the new one and imported. Worked like a charm. I'm glad I have friends that can think of this stuff. Thanks everybody for the responses.

6. Great.

... Thom

7. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Honestly, you may want to import that file into Google contacts for your account, so that you know that you'll always sync with Google in the future.

https://google.com/contacts and you should be able to import the csv file into there.

8. freezy74

freezy74 Newbie

I was actually thinking the same thing. I really don't want to go through that again. Thanks.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

As long as your current phone is sweet to sync contacts on that google account, it will do it automatically once you import then into that account.

10. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast

I set all my contacts as Google contacts, that way they automatically are backed up to my Google account. Make sure any new ones are set when adding them. I also back them all up with Verizon's Backup Assistant.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews