• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP - Lost phone, what can I do?

EuropaCar

Lurker
Jun 20, 2012
I have recently lost my android phone and I believe it was stolen. I did not have any apps on it to remotely disable or wipe the data.
Does anyone know anything I can do to protect my data?

I have changed my gmail password from my computer, but my friend has told me that they are still able to access gmail on their android phone after a password change from the computer. Isn't that a security flaw??

I hvae tried remotely downloading androidlost and plan B but neither seemed to be working. At the moment the phone appears to be turned off (goes straight to voice mail)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently lost my android phone and I believe it was stolen. I did not have any apps on it to remotely disable or wipe the data.
Does anyone know anything I can do to protect my data?

I have changed my gmail password from my computer, but my friend has told me that they are still able to access gmail on their android phone after a password change from the computer. Isn't that a security flaw??

I hvae tried remotely downloading androidlost and plan B but neither seemed to be working. At the moment the phone appears to be turned off (goes straight to voice mail)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!
well i was going to suggest plan b. but it does not help that your phone is dead (hopefully not). so you say it does not work. it can't find your phone?

also in the future you may want to get Lookout Security & Antivirus

it can detect your battery life and save the last known location before the phone dies.

Upvote 0
thanks for your response
the phone was on earlier and at that time I tried androidlost and plan B. both said "installed" on the google play website but neither seemed to be doing anything. (I tried sending "androidlost register" and "locate" via SMS to activate each app but neither worked).
Now when I go onto the google play website it doesn't list either app as installed.

Does changing my gmail password not protect at least my gmail/talk apps?

==edit==
there is something on the iphone where you can lock/locate your phone. is there anything like this with android? any way to remotely wipe the phone?

Upvote 0
thanks for your response
the phone was on earlier and at that time I tried androidlost and plan B. both said "installed" on the google play website but neither seemed to be doing anything. (I tried sending "androidlost register" and "locate" via SMS to activate each app but neither worked).
Now when I go onto the google play website it doesn't list either app as installed.

Does changing my gmail password not protect at least my gmail/talk apps?

==edit==
there is something on the iphone where you can lock/locate your phone. is there anything like this with android? any way to remotely wipe the phone?

if you had lookout you can do a remote wipe. not sure now though. there might be other apps that can do this.

try installing plan b again and this time text it right away. also have you checked your gmail account? it is supposed to send the location there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones