1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP! Lost phone.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lefthand, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Lefthand

Lefthand Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Male
    UK
    I lost the phone, at home, thankfully, but it's in airplane mode! I believe it's possible to make it ring even if turned off, does anybody know how?

Advertisement

2. Mmaarrkk123

Mmaarrkk123 Newbie
    None

May 28, 2011
    Did you set up HTC sense on your computer? If not, its not possible.

3. Triciaa

Triciaa Member
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Education
    Sth West Coast UK
    I just came across this post, can you please explain about setting up HTC on computer. Re OP 'I believe it's possible to make it ring even if turned off, does anybody know how?
    I recently installed HTC sense and would be interested in knowing how this works, re making the phone ring even if turned off?
    Many thanks.

4. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    To make the phone ring remotely from the internet, you need to register your phone at the HTC Sense website. You can do this from your phone through All apps > Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add account > HTC Sense or via a computer.

From the website, you can find the current location of your phone, make it ring, lock it to prevent its use, and erase everything on it. You can also forward calls and messages to another phone.

However, making the phone ring and getting its location is dependent on the phone being connected to the internet at the time. If not, then you won't be able to make it ring or find its location via the Sense website.

The phone must be switched on to do these things remotely and not in airplane mode. It's impossible to make it ring when turned off.

Tags: