1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help! Mac user - can't find a good guide to use (locked to Bell)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevinsnsd, Jan 1, 2012.

1. kevinsnsd

kevinsnsd Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 locked to bell. Because I just got the phone I'm still not bored of the original OS yet so I would want to use that for a little bit, ICS is coming out soon anyway so that is good. My main goal is to root the phone so I can use it with my carrier (Rogers).I've been reading alot of guides online but the majority of them are for windows users. I am on a mac.

I downloaded kies and updated it but I can't upgrade my phone's firmware, it says "your device does not support upgrading via kies" current firmware version:pDA:KG2/ Phone:KG2 /CSC:KG2 (BMC)

Model number: GT-I9100M
    Android Version: 2.3.3
    Baseband Version: I9100MUGKG2

What approach should i take to root the phone? I can't find any guides to use online. Should I remove my microsd card and sim (which doesn't work) before I begin rooting it?

Thanks in advance and happy new years!

Advertisement

2. JSR84

JSR84 Member
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    I'm also a Mac/Galaxy S2 user and I wasn't able to find any Mac tools for rooting, but I have Parallels so I just do everything with Windows. I'm pretty sure that the Bell S2's are still only running 2.3.3, they've yet to release any updates for it, but I could be wrong.