• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help making android child friendly

KBABY

Jan 2, 2011
Hi,
I've bought my 8 year old a galaxy tab to allow her to play games, and look on the internet for school work etc.

However I'm worried about her accessing adult content. She has an iPod touch and on there I've removed safari completely and the appstore is set for appropriate content. However the galaxy doesbt seem as easy to do all that.

Can someone guide me in the right direction.?

Ideally I want her to be able to access the apps but only child friendly ones and similar child friendly internet access.

Thanks

Hi,
I've bought my 8 year old a galaxy tab to allow her to play games, and look on the internet for school work etc.

However I'm worried about her accessing adult content. She has an iPod touch and on there I've removed safari completely and the appstore is set for appropriate content. However the galaxy doesbt seem as easy to do all that.

Can someone guide me in the right direction.?

Ideally I want her to be able to access the apps but only child friendly ones and similar child friendly internet access.

Thanks
this seems perfect for what you want:
Kids Place- Parental Control

check it out

Upvote 0
Doing the same for a 10 yr old. I just changed all the content settings to strict, and disabled in app purchases at Play store and Amazon. She already has a Kindle with account set up by her mother, so pretty much knows what she's not supposed to do. I loaded:

"Tools": eclean, School Helper, the English Dictionary, Airdroid, Unit Converter, Mobi Calculator.
"Photo": Zedge (restricted content), Photo Editor, Picasso, Picsay, Quickpic.
"Media": IMDB, Kindle, YouTube, Flipboard (with kids stuff), Shazam, My Piano.
"Google": Earth, Sky, Goggles, and all the normal ones.
"Games": Air Control,Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, X-Construct, Dropwords, Block Puzzle, Jewels, Crossme, Chess Free, Temple Run, Ocean Bubble, Bean's Quest, Magic Academy, and Origami Instructions.

HOLO Launcher, easy to set up, very fast and smooth. Wifi Status icon on each screen so she turns it off. World Weather Clock widget.

Yeah she can probably "stray", but parents can check history... Rather have her obey the rules than "lock her out" totally.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones