1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP! McAfee thinks my phone is rooted? Am I Bricked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Girevik, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Girevik

Girevik Android Enthusiast

So I've been having a problem over the last couple of weeks where my phone (with AT&T) tells me my sim card is in valid. Usually a restart fixes is but it's been getting worse and worse. I tried getting a new sim but that didn't help.

So when it happens today and I restart, it comes up to a McAffee message that says my device is locked because it has ben rooted (it has not). I've restarted it several times and it keeps coming up. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

2. goobert

goobert Newbie

Can you disable the McAffe app force it to stop etc. Factory reset. Or maybe try booting into safe mode.

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Wow. This is exactly why I disabled McAfee immediately upon turning the phone on.

I don't think safe mode will help since McAfee is a system app and won't be disabled by it. It might disable what ever is causing the problem, allowing you to disable McAfee. With your other SIM card issues though, a factory reset might be called for.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews