1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP! McAfee thinks my phone is rooted? Am I Bricked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Girevik, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Girevik

Girevik Android Enthusiast

Dec 18, 2010
    Computer Geek
    Columbus, OH
    So I've been having a problem over the last couple of weeks where my phone (with AT&T) tells me my sim card is in valid. Usually a restart fixes is but it's been getting worse and worse. I tried getting a new sim but that didn't help.

So when it happens today and I restart, it comes up to a McAffee message that says my device is locked because it has ben rooted (it has not). I've restarted it several times and it keeps coming up. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

Advertisement

2. goobert

goobert Newbie
    None

Feb 18, 2013
    Can you disable the McAffe app force it to stop etc. Factory reset. Or maybe try booting into safe mode.

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert
    None

Nov 1, 2013
    Male
    IT Contractor
    Wow. This is exactly why I disabled McAfee immediately upon turning the phone on.

I don't think safe mode will help since McAfee is a system app and won't be disabled by it. It might disable what ever is causing the problem, allowing you to disable McAfee. With your other SIM card issues though, a factory reset might be called for.

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: