• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help me choose a AOSP ROM!!!!

Liquid 3.0 is supposed to drop tonight, at least the last I heard it was, if so it should be a good choice. I wasn't all that impressed with the latest BlackAOSP and I didn't try the other AOSP rom he just released based on OMG roms. You could check out CM7 it is the base of many AOSP roms and is stable. I did like BlackAOSP 2.1 but I think he took it down so someone would need to host it for you ;) I could but not until later tonight. Really most of them are stable and good roms the dev's tweaks to each really makes the difference.

Upvote 0
They're all basically the same. Flash one and if you don't like it try another. If we were on Twitter I'd hit you with one of these #thesethreadsarepointless ;)

I'm a CM7 fan and always wind up back on it

I am going to follow you now lol i know its point less just wanted to get a feel of what everyone else is thinking and running lol

Reactions: WormDoes
Upvote 0
up until yesterday i had been running liquid. i had been haveing spectacular battery life without changing kernels,or even UVing the one that comes with it :eek:

i really dug the UI on shift ao5p,and it worked great on my phone,tho it dint so much for some.

having said that,theyre both cm7 based and i usually wind up back on that as well.

OMGB,OMFGB are built from source,not from cm7. they are OK,but im partial to cm7s settings and tweeks.

as has been said- thats the great thing about rooting. you dont have to pick one and stick with it ;) try them all! :D just restore the backup of your favorite and keep rollin :D

Upvote 0
what you looking for? I'm much more of a noob than the guys posting above, but i have flashed the rooms the guys named above.

In my experience this isn't a debate really. They're all very similar. I run launcher and a theme so they all look the same anyways. The main difference is battery life. For me it hasn't been close. cm7 with imoseyon 3.5.8 kernel and you're set. runs great, amazing battery life.

But try them out. Flashing takes like 15 mins including time to restore and backup everything.

Upvote 0
OH, also, I assume (since I'm rooted), all i have to do is download CM7, reboot to recovery and flash (i did see a note that you didn't have to wipe, i don't believe that). Do you know if the restore in CM7 is as friendly as the DX. Meaning you could do ADVANCE restore and restore DATA only and get your device back pretty quick even from a GB Stock backup. (in most cases that is)..

Upvote 0
OH, also, I assume (since I'm rooted), all i have to do is download CM7, reboot to recovery and flash (i did see a note that you didn't have to wipe, i don't believe that). Do you know if the restore in CM7 is as friendly as the DX. Meaning you could do ADVANCE restore and restore DATA only and get your device back pretty quick even from a GB Stock backup. (in most cases that is)..

If you're not coming from a previous CM7 build you 100% have to do a full wipe. I'm not sure about the advanced restore as I always just make a nandroid, I would suggest doing the same just in case the advanced restore doesn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones