• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me choose one of the following

Ere-Eye

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
I am soon to buy a new phone but a bit dazzled although I thought I definitely wanted a Galaxy Nexus at first.

I trimmed down the list of potential to the following because I need a powerful device (preferably a dual-core clocked at 1.2 or higher) and a HD screen.

• Galaxy Nexus
  • Samsung Galaxy S II HD
  • LG Nitro HD
  • Motorola XT928
  • HTC Rezound
I do not know which one of these is the most powerful, sometimes some chipsets perform better than others even with a lower frequency. Which one has the highest benchmark results? And what are some of the pros/cons that would affect your decision in the given situation. Also, are there any other phones that meet the criteria I've missed out?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Quite similar Rezound's ain't it?

Not really, the Rezound uses a Ti-OMAP chipset, and the Exynos on the SGS2 is faster than that. Plus TouchWiz 4 is hardware accelerated, and Sense is not (as well as being heavier on resources than TW4), so the SGS2 should give you an overall smoother experience when the phone is being pushed to the limits.

However for daily normal use, I'd doubt you'd see much of a difference in performance.

Upvote 0
Not really, the Rezound uses a Ti-OMAP chipset, and the Exynos on the SGS2 is faster than that. Plus TouchWiz 4 is hardware accelerated, and Sense is not (as well as being heavier on resources than TW4), so the SGS2 should give you an overall smoother experience when the phone is being pushed to the limits.

However for daily normal use, I'd doubt you'd see much of a difference in performance.

I thought the SGS2HD used a Qualcomm processor and the Rezound as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones