1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help me, (dallas tx ppl)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Complete_noob, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Complete_noob

Complete_noob Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Ok in all honesty ive done alot of research about "rooting" and "bloat ware" but when it all comes down to it im extremly confused (im not a computer person) and im scared to screw up my phone. I just want all this "bloatware" gone so my phone is faster and I dont have all this useless crap constantly killing my phone. SO my propasition is this, I help run a business that does a little of everything. If you meet me there and "root" my phone and uninstall the "bloat ware", I will promote you and get you appointments where you can start charging ppl to do it to their phones (at my shop). Trust me I know alot of ppl that would pay for your knowledge of this.

Or if you would kindly do it to my phone out of the kindness of your heart I would greatly appreciate it.

P.s you must live in the dallas (tx) area.

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

It's actually a lot easier than you think.
    1) Install Gingerbreak 1.2 and run it
    2) Install Titanium Backup (PRO if you can afford it)
    3) Run a full backup in the program
    4) "Uninstall" safe to remove bloat.

People see 101 threads with 1001 steps and get overwhelmed. Unfortunately everything is everywhere and there isn't a concise list without all the text padding to the simple and painless process. Hopefully you'll still find someone local to help you out.

3. Dorkasauras

Dorkasauras Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Home remodeling and repairs
    Dallas, Texas
    Where in Dallas are you located?

4. Complete_noob

Complete_noob Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    It may be easy but ive read too many stories about,ppl messing their phone up.

I stay in mesquite, about 5 minutes from Town East Mall or the rodeo.

5. Dorkasauras

Dorkasauras Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Home remodeling and repairs
    Dallas, Texas
    i can meet you somewhere. I live in Little Elm and your quite a ways from me

6. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Anyone who follows the instructions here has no problem and can be done in 5-10 minutes. The majority of people with problems search Google for random guides for other phones. 75% come here with a bricked phone because they used ClockworkMod ROM Manager. The other 25% don't know they can't just delete every app they see and screw up their phone that way. As long as you start here you're good to go, however it is your choice. :)

7. jadon159

jadon159 Newbie
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Might be easier to just find someone willing to have a skype call or something with you and explain it step by step

8. plumpy

plumpy Member
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    DISPATCH
    USA
    do you download all this from your fone?

9. Outrider

Outrider Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Heres a number one internet tip even your parents might have told you. NEVER give out personal info, specially to geek forums (no offens i love this forum). And just use the root joneidy made. the link is here:

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/279318-root-2-2-1-get-data-working.html

(Make sure to type the comands, exactly as said.
    And i did it,i messed up. all he did was tell me to download team viewer, and he did the commands in cmd, and over all, helped me a lot. just be warned. in this proccess of rooting, you WILL loose the mobile signal untill you finish, but the guide is totally simple! and with team viewer, he didnt have to come to my house or anything, and he did it form the kindness of his heart, not a penny charged for the root, the help, the rooms, or, well, anything! If you need some help, i'll be glad to give you a hand. Trust me, the lg optimus m is worth the root, specially if you download his rom (overclocking, and deletes all the metro bloatware that the optimus m has.
    (I am NOT taking credit for this root guide, im just advertising it it :D )
    Just read the guide, step by step. It takes about 30 mins, and most of that is on downloads.
    Hope this helped!

DaniellieeE likes this.

10. Lol

pmb116 likes this.
Tags: