• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Me Decide

mwattsx

Lurker
Jun 8, 2011
Okay, so I'm browsing the non-contract/used smartphone markets. I think I've narrowed it down to two options. I'm having trouble with this decision though.

Option 1: Motorola Atrix, with otterbox case, hdmi cable, charger. $360. Screen's in "perfect" condition and the phone was only used six weeks, so I'd assume (probably stupidly) it is too.

Option 2: Samsung Captivate, just the phone and the charger. $240. Listed as in "pristine" condition, which looks like at least a semi-valid claim from the pictures.

I'm coming from a Blackberry Curve (which I've had for around 3.5 years). I want a smartphone, as I have a bit more money to play around with these days, but I don't want to sign a two-year with the inbreds down at AT&T.

These both seem like good deals to me. But as I have little/no experience physically using either phone, I can't really decide as far as the price/performance give-and-take of the two.

Both are eBay, btw.

Inbreds? A bit harsh, wouldn't you say? With those choices, I, personally, would go with the atrix. But, as many people say, it is you that has to live with your choice. So try out both phones at the local att store. The one at my local mall, you can text, make calls, surf the web, check out the market, all that, on the display models.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones