1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help Me Decide

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mwattsx, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mwattsx

mwattsx Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Okay, so I'm browsing the non-contract/used smartphone markets. I think I've narrowed it down to two options. I'm having trouble with this decision though.

Option 1: Motorola Atrix, with otterbox case, hdmi cable, charger. $360. Screen's in "perfect" condition and the phone was only used six weeks, so I'd assume (probably stupidly) it is too.

Option 2: Samsung Captivate, just the phone and the charger. $240. Listed as in "pristine" condition, which looks like at least a semi-valid claim from the pictures.

I'm coming from a Blackberry Curve (which I've had for around 3.5 years). I want a smartphone, as I have a bit more money to play around with these days, but I don't want to sign a two-year with the inbreds down at AT&T.

These both seem like good deals to me. But as I have little/no experience physically using either phone, I can't really decide as far as the price/performance give-and-take of the two.

Both are eBay, btw.

Advertisement

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Inbreds? A bit harsh, wouldn't you say? With those choices, I, personally, would go with the atrix. But, as many people say, it is you that has to live with your choice. So try out both phones at the local att store. The one at my local mall, you can text, make calls, surf the web, check out the market, all that, on the display models.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    As always with these types of threads: supply your needs/wants if you want meaningful and relevant recommendations. Have you compared them in person?

Don't over CLNR/refurb devices as well.