1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Help me desiced and get HTC HERO (Alltel)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by telmore007, Jun 10, 2010.

1. telmore007

telmore007 Active Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I am up for an upgrade this month. I was going to wait till contract up and get the new iphone. But AT&T no longer has unlimited data, and Alltel does. I like to use slacker radio, so I'm afraid I would go over 2 GBs of data. But I have a few questions about Android. What is the max sd card that it supports. B/c I love apps, I have over a gb on my ipod touch. Also does slacker have an app yet? Does the hero take video? And what is cupcake and froyo I keep seeing comments about? I like custom ringtones for the main people I call/text, can you do that with this phone? I get most of my ringtones from zedge.net.

I love that it can do flash, netlfix, hulu, maybe facebook games oneday :)

Love anyone's input on the Hero.
    Thanks, :)

Advertisement

2. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    alltel is still around?

didn't they get bought up by verizon

3. telmore007

telmore007 Active Member

Jun 10, 2010
    There are some Alltel stores, not all got bought out by Verizon or At&t

4. Tuckstra

Tuckstra New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I have an 8gb in my Hero and it works just fine, not sure if it will support larger.

Slacker has an app, it does take video, there is a ringtone app to make your own from any part of any song. You can set custom rings for calls but i haven't found a way to do it for text.

Froyo is Android 2.2 for the Nexus One and I think cupcake is for the G1.

5. allus_drummer

allus_drummer New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Carlsbad New Mexico
    I have a hero in carlsbad new mexico and am trying to root with no luck, sprint methods dont work. Overall I love it but came from winmo touch pro so even if its bottom of the barrel android. It's a major upgrade without having to get into contract with sprint in my area. I'm a member at xda aswell so any help rooting through either forum would be appreciated. To op I would recommend the hero for average user. I own an ipod touch 2g and the hero rivals the shit out of it. Especially once I can root and overclock. Aswell as flash custom froyo rom.