• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help me fast with my htc magic!!

Prebulf

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
Please anybody! I just rooted my magic, and regret it afterward, like 5 minutes after.. and I did do a backup! recovery-backup.img the file is called.. how do I get back every textmessage, notes etc etc?? please say it is possible!
I need my old stuff back! I got the backupfile from flashrec or something.. so please help me! :(

Please anybody! I just rooted my magic, and regret it afterward, like 5 minutes after.. and I did do a backup! recovery-backup.img the file is called.. how do I get back every textmessage, notes etc etc?? please say it is possible!
I need my old stuff back! I got the backupfile from flashrec or something.. so please help me! :(

If you performed a wipe of the phone, which you most like did, during the rooting process then all your data is gone. The recovery backup is just a backup of the recovery partition and won't help you in restoring any data.

If you had your phone synced with a Google account, your contacts should be restored automatically. Your notes are probably still on your SD card, you should only have to reinstall the app that you made them with.

For future information - you can download apps from the market that will allow you backup and restore your text messages. It's great if you want to keep your texts but don't want them cluttering up your phone.

Sorry I couldn't help.
gbd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones