1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

help me find my apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Grymph, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Grymph

Grymph Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    I just got my Android phone yesterday. For a few hours the Market worked, using wifi and my wireless router. And then it started giving constant "network error" messages. I still have web access, so it's not the router.
    It's still out twenty four hours later, so I assume it's not the site is down.

So, I hooked up the phone, an LG Thrive, to my computer by USB, and went to the Market on my computer. When I click on an app, my phone shows the app downloading. But when it's done, nothing. It's not installed (although the Market website says it is), It's not in the downloads folder on my SD card. It doesn't show up when I use Astro file manager and search for the name. Is it just pretending to download, or throwing the files away because the Market app isn't working, or are the files hidden really well?

Advertisement

2. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
    Try this:

Long-press an empty spot on your home screen. A dialog "Add to Home" should open. Select "App" and search for the application you just downloaded.

Hope this helps.

3. Grymph

Grymph Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    I never did find my downloads, but I found a solution to the Market problem. It seems to be a router incompatibility. The two solutions recommended were either to change encryption to TKIP or to set the router to use 802.11g, not n. I made both changes and all is working fine now, so I'm not sure which change was the clincher, but I thought these are worth trying for anyone with Market or router problems. I was able to get online before, so I had ruled out the router as the culprit, but I could only reach certain websites and connection was intermittent. Now it's fast and stable.