1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help me flashing a Samsung Tablet P1000

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by kawaiimomo, Aug 20, 2010.

1. kawaiimomo

kawaiimomo Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Hello there,

First of all I'm sorry if this post could be in a better subforum but I haven't found a better one.

I'm an Android developer who is working with the upcoming Samsung P1000 tablet. I have to say that I haven't worked with Samsung Android devices so far. This is a developer/Engineer sample but I have real rough time to get a contact person at Samsung to help me solve this in a fast way, so I'm asking to the community :)

The thing is I was trying my application while developing and every certain time I found the phone memory almost full (I think the tablet is saving all of its logs in a very verbose way in /data/logs where I haven't permission to access, and also it hasn't a micro sd inserted). The first time this happened I just did a factory reset from the OS itself.
    The second time has been today and the phone was so full of data it didn't start at all. I was viewing the logs with adb logcat and Android was unable to start. He was trying and trying again (like in a loop) but only the Android logo was shown. I found the lack of memory to be the reason for this:

W/BatteryStats( 2949): Error writing battery statistics
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): java.io.IOException: No space left on device
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.writeImpl(Native Method)
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.write(OSFileSystem.java:129)
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:297)
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:253)
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): at com.android.internal.os.BatteryStatsImpl.writeLocked(BatteryStatsImpl.java:3080)
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.<init>(ActivityManagerService.java:1430)
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.<init>(ActivityManagerService.java:129)
    W/BatteryStats( 2949): at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$AThread.run(ActivityManagerService.java:1338)

The tablet can't write anything on the system, so it fails at booting and tries again, and again...

I did a factory reset via ADB with adb reboot recovery. Then the phone shows the recovery menu but no matter what option I choose (reboot, factory reset, update.zip or wipe cache) because the device doesn't seem to be doing anything but keeping the screen in black. If I turn off the device then it goes again to the recovery menu.

So I was stuck with the Android logo screen, and now I'm stuck in the recovery screen.

I thought flashing the phone would help so I turn it on in upload mode pressing the 2 volume buttons together (Power reset or unknown upload mode it says). This way the phone is recognized by Odin Multidownloader. I just grab a leaked firmware for this upcoming tablet from this Web The rar file only contains a SS_DL.dll and a OXA.tar. The tar contains some files: modem.bin, zImage, param.lfs, cache.rfs, dbdata.rfs and factory.rfs.
    I've never used Odin nor flashed an android samsung phone so probably I'm doing something wrong. I tried to load the tar as the phone image it gives me an error, I also tried to load it as a single package but also failed.

So at this point I'd be most than grateful if anyone can share his ideas on this almost bricked tablet :p

Edit: That "upload mode" was a fault of me, probably volume down was released while booting. I have the device in download mode but Odin keep me saying check image files, Any idea??

Advertisement

2. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    you should check out XDA, there are WAY more knowledgeable people about stuff like this there.

3. kawaiimomo

kawaiimomo Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Thanks, I'll try there then ;-)

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Have you included the partition file?

5. chandy

chandy Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    please assist me to get Sinhala font so that i can read message and newspapper