• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me get out of my wifes BB9900 so she can get a One S?

So I am less than a year into my new T Mobile contract, I have a Sensation, which I am very happy with, and my wife has the most miserable of phones the BB 9900. Constant reloading,VERY quirky operations at best, not to mention a shitty BB market and the BBM thing holding back consistent internet operations..real POS...and expensive.

So I want to switch her to the ONE S when it comes out and not have to pay the full price ($600). She has the insurance on the phone...so I have thought of "breaking" it and getting a new one to sell..but would rather not go that route if I don't have to. Would just be a whole new headache dealing with CL flakes.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Intentionally breaking a device for insurance purposes is insurance fraud, and is not condoned here on Android Forums. So please do not continue down that road.

Alternatively, you can opt for your Early Termination Fee and then sign up for a new contract. Depending on the days left in your contract will determine ETF. I have found this for you:

Support: Early Termination Fee

I would bet that the ETF + new contract subsidy would be less overall than defrauding your insurance, anyways.

Upvote 0
How far out is she on her upgrade ability?
Like jerofld said, it's an unsavvy practice to try an test the system. You can also try selling the phone. I don't think you'll get a ton for it, but it's better than nothing. Alternatively, you can look for an older Android at a cheap price to get her through.
Plenty of great options in the $200 range on Swappa:
Swappa (Android) Devices for T-Mobile

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones