1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help me get out of my wifes BB9900 so she can get a One S?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SensationalRob, Apr 25, 2012.

1. SensationalRob

So I am less than a year into my new T Mobile contract, I have a Sensation, which I am very happy with, and my wife has the most miserable of phones the BB 9900. Constant reloading,VERY quirky operations at best, not to mention a shitty BB market and the BBM thing holding back consistent internet operations..real POS...and expensive.

So I want to switch her to the ONE S when it comes out and not have to pay the full price ($600). She has the insurance on the phone...so I have thought of "breaking" it and getting a new one to sell..but would rather not go that route if I don't have to. Would just be a whole new headache dealing with CL flakes.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Intentionally breaking a device for insurance purposes is insurance fraud, and is not condoned here on Android Forums. So please do not continue down that road.

Alternatively, you can opt for your Early Termination Fee and then sign up for a new contract. Depending on the days left in your contract will determine ETF. I have found this for you:

Support: Early Termination Fee

I would bet that the ETF + new contract subsidy would be less overall than defrauding your insurance, anyways.

Unforgiven, agentc13, olbriar and 3 others like this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

How far out is she on her upgrade ability?
    Like jerofld said, it's an unsavvy practice to try an test the system. You can also try selling the phone. I don't think you'll get a ton for it, but it's better than nothing. Alternatively, you can look for an older Android at a cheap price to get her through.
    Plenty of great options in the $200 range on Swappa:
    Swappa (Android) Devices for T-Mobile

Unforgiven likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I would try talking to TMo and keep going up the management ladder.

Ask them if they want you to pay the ETF and switch carriers over a crappy phone or do they want to work with you.

Customer retention has a lot of power. Make them understand. You may be pleasantly surprised. ;) :)

Unforgiven and agentc13 like this.