1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root help me get to the ROOT of it all!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TotalEpicness, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TotalEpicness

TotalEpicness Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Hello!

I am a fairly new user to the android systems..just got my phone a week or so ago. All I'm trying to is use the frickin snapshot screengrabber application but it says it only worked on rooted phones. I have NO clue at all what it is or how to do it..and I don't have a pc. Is there ANY way I can root this phone, without losing information already on it? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
    Thanx,
    Epic in distress

Advertisement

2. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Illinois
    Yep, go here... One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! v2.5.5 Now has ClockworkMod Redirector! - xda-developers
    It will tell you all you need to do to root.

Hmm. I see you said you don't have a pc. I heard z4root works on the epic. You can get it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=94B4JUF2
    Download it and put the file on ur sd card. Use myfiles to find the .apk file and click on it and install the app. Open the app and click on permanent root (don't worry you can always go back to stock for any reason). There you go, you have a rooted epic.

3. TotalEpicness

TotalEpicness Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Hi! Just wanted to take time out to say thank you for taking the time to reply to my problem and provide me with assistance. I followed your instructions to the letter in regards to the zroot thing u told me to do, but it was NOT a go...it definitely failed to root my phone. I pushed the permately root botton and it ran for a lil min and then it just shutsdown/forecloses, something..the program just closes on me before any rooting took place...and it keeps doin that...

So is there another way I can root my Epic without a pc..or am I ultimately just going to have to wait and try to get someone with experience to do this for me..because I am totally clueless and ignorant to this whole rooting process