1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help me! idk what this means

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Togekiss, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

when i press update, it says this..

"access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. try later"

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

That means that there's a firmware update available but a lot of people are attempting to update and are in the queue before you. If you keep trying the update should download and install eventually.

funkylogik and Unforgiven like this.
  3. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

what????? so its like 1st come 1st serve?? and its been like this since yesterday i think.... it wasnt like this before when i 1st got it cause i kept on pressing update and it will say like "latest updates has been updated"

4. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

It really depends on an app.
    When Samsung roll out 4.1.2 I got it without problem, only because I was updating shortly after the roll out in the middle of the night. While my friends couldn't get it for the following two days. I can imagine the servers get really busy when suddenly thousands of people try to download an update.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

The S3 is one of the most popular phones on the planet, so I'm sure this will test your patience. I go through the same thing with OTAs for my GNex:p.

You could try checking off hours for your region. Times of night when others may not be trying to get the update.

6. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

OHHHHHHHH so its really a 1st come 1st serve :(

7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

I've always been a custom ROM guy so have never used the official ota update so can't vouch for this but...

go to application manager, all tab, Google framework services and clear data and force stop. Then try the update again. This apparently makes your phone search for the update again and can put you at the beginning of the queue. You might have to repeat a few times.

funkylogik likes this.
  8. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Android Enthusiast

You can skip it most of the time by using Kies

9. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

How can I get that? Its my 1st time using a galaxy phone so I dont know anything :'(. But of I happen to just wait, will it take me days?

10. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

As shotgun says, theres a trick that can sometimes make it come faster or as gomjaba says you can plug into your pc and get it instantly but just now, imagine that youre in a queue and it will come sooner or later :)

11. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

how can i get the kies something?

12. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

SAMSUNG KIES

funkylogik likes this.
  13. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

oh so after i download this on my computer, how will it go to my phone?

14. funkylogik

Run Kies then plug the phone into the PC with the USB cable and kies should recognise it and tell you theres an update available to download :thumbup:

Togekiss and Unforgiven like this.
  15. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

im on myfree codec free pack thing and its taking so long ;'(

16. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

done updating but i didnt get everything from what i saw from the videos lol

17. funkylogik

Lol whats missing? What carrier u on?

18. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

for carrier, you mean what phone i have right? o.o if yes, my s3 didnt get the updated version of settings, the light effect on lock screen, multiple lockscreen widgets, customize message thing, the 2 finger toggle thing, smart switch widget, no white background from the gallery if i put the 3d thing, and lastly screen mode.

funkylogik likes this.
  19. funkylogik

I meen like the network its on. Verizon, o2, t-mobile, ee, etc. I think some of the US carriers leave out some features in their updates. Did you get the multi-window?

20. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Android Enthusiast

carrier = service provider (whom you pay for monthly service)

for example: at&t, t-mobile, verizon (sorry, don't know the international carriers)

funkylogik likes this.
  21. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

OH LOL THEN... rogers

funkylogik likes this.
  22. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

yes i did get it

23. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

That's all part of 4.2.2 anyway and there isn't an official release of that yet.

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews