• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me make a decision!!

Still issues with Fascinate and bluetooth syncing and unsyncing with multiple bluetooth devices (car, truck, headset...). Phone disc from calls, freezing up here and there in multiple applications. Have done a hard reset 2X now and still happening. Now these issues have come about only after 2.2 update.

I'm up for an upgrade and can get the Sam. Charge or LG Rev. for $299 or $249 and with my 'trade in' Fascinate, I'll get an additional $132 off, so I can get either these for $167 or $117. My wife's Fascinate has it's own issues but is not up for upgrade, but VZW has given us ok to get discounted price on both.

Is it worth it? Should we do? The software is the same on the Charge as is with Fascinate(2.2.1) and Revolution(2.2.2). What is the difference? I'm thinking we should maybe do the trade in only because they're getting rid of the 'new every two' a\o Oct 24 2011. Not to mention I should probably get on the 'unlimited' with 4G while I can, before the go with the tiered plans this summer just in case they allow those who have unlimited to stay that way and only new customers will be on a tiered plan. If they're allowing you to grandfather in of course.

:rolleyes:NOW, The rep who was up the chain a bit did mention the Fascinate is set to get 'Honeycomb' very soon!! YES, HONEYCOMB, I asked her repeatedly and she confirmed they released for the galaxy tabs and are just waiting to see how it does on those before releasing it for the other Samsung phones. So should I wait??? HDMI, 4G, 32gb card- is it worth it for an additional $167. Or go with LG and get 16gb internal w\ 16gb memory card, HDMI not as nice screen, loaded with Bing, but save $50 and still get 4G and not have the 'issues' of a Samsung product?? Both have front facing cameras too. I think I want to but not sure which(don't want Bing crap) but don't want 'issues', and money is always tight!!!

HELP ME MAKE A DECISION..... PLEASE
:p

I also would like some input on my decision if anyone would be so kind! :)

So I am going to be making the switch back to Verizon after a brief stint with Sprint that lasted a year to try and save some money on my family plan. Promises of new towers and better reception have been lies and I am still stuck with 0-1 bars of reception and horrendous data speeds at my house and place of work.

I am boggling over my decision. I went from the HTC EVO to the Samsung Epic 4g on Sprint due to some issues with our HTC out of the box and wanted a physical keyboard, but I ended up regretting that decision. I found that the HTC phone had a much nicer interface, form factor, I missed the bigger screen, and the internet browsing speeds were much better over 3g and over my home wifi (something that is pretty important to me). The Samsung has a much better camera (despite being a 5mp vs the EVO's 8mp) and after initially thinking the amoled looked grainy in comparison to the EVO, after going back to looking at the Evo, the Evo then looked washed out and fuzzy in comparison.

When I have played with the phones in the Verizon store (have not had a hands-on with a live demo of the LG yet), the HTC Tbolt seemed to load web pages much faster on 3g than the Sammy. I also think the HTC has the most attractive design of the three phones and just feels nice in the hands.

Battery life, camera quality, voice quality, and the "not as fresh and new as the other two" kind of kill my desire for the TB. That leaves the Revo and the Charge.

I am leaning towards the Charge because of the camera quality, screen, lowest weight, and best battery life. LED notification seems like a minor annoyance but not a deal breaker because I usually power on my phone anyways instead of waiting to see if it is blinking. My big concern is that it has the worst benchmarks of the three phones, and with my experience of Sammy vs HTC on Sprint, the HTC has better GPS/Phone Reception/ and Data connectivity than the Sammy.

I have pieced bits of reviews together from all over the web, but can anyone comment on the Droid Charge and it's reception/signal strength? I have gotten some mixed reviews.. some people say it is fine, some say worse, and even a few said better than the Thunderbolt. Does the low RAM also affect loading web pages? Have the problems with loading Flash-intensive web-pages been cured or will be cured with a future update? Anyone have any extensive experience playing graphic rich games on the Charge?

I was with Verizon for about 10 years before crossing over to Sprint for my first smartphone, and always owned and loved LG dumbphones before that. I tried Samsung dumbphones and motorola dumphones and never liked them. LG kind of has the x-factor in that fuzzy spot in my heart.

What concerns me with the LG Phone is the camera quality, poor video quality I have seen from videos on youtube, and increased weight over the Charge. I tend to use my camera a lot. I also like the way the buttons for power/volume etc all feel on the Sammy over the other phone manufacturers. I do like the form factor better than the Charge due to the shape of the backside of the phone when held in the hands, but it also seems a bit boring at the same time. The increased phone performance is also a big draw for gaming and web browsing over the Charge, as is the better signal reception if this is true.

Thank you in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones