1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help me my droid is haunted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jessicaspi, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jessicaspi

jessicaspi Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    why does my droid scroll from screen to screen, go to apps , text and call people on its own? i installed task manager but it doesnt seem to help....can someone please help me:thinking:

Advertisement

2. vey

vey Member
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    Keyboard trouble?

3. doxsee

doxsee Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    I'm currently on my 3rd OG Droid. I had exactly the same trouble with my previous two; my screen just one day going nuts then it would act fine for a few days only to have the issue come back.

I know how it is to have your phone randomly text someone close with the following: aszxaxzsxzzzzzzzzzzz at 2 in the morning. and explain that the next day. Here is some advice:

-you screen is kaput, but your physical keyboard can get you by for the next week or two but you will need a new one.

-loading new roms won't fix this problem

-if you have insurance through asurion, just tell them you dropped it, otherwise if you tell one day it just started going nuts, well then they won't cover it and tell you it's a manufacture issue and send you around for hours on the phone.

-I've actually gotten real mad at the thing once and put it in a pillow case and reamed it against my mattress a few times. surprisingly it worked for like 3 days afterwards.

4. Raynman83

Raynman83 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    US Navy Gunner
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've had the same troubles with my OG droid...if it only happens while the phone is plugged into a charger, it could be the charger...I've seen that happen with non motorola chargers...however once you unplug it, you should be good.

if it's still going insane, then it's the screen. You can replace the screen digitizer(glass piece on top of the display) yourself, but it takes a little bit of work with a small screwdriver and stuff...there are videos on youtube.

After having tried it(and destroying my phone...do not cut the main ribbon cable thinking it is just a sticker), I would just buy a new one on amazon for like 80 bucks. Speaking of which, since they are still a pretty amazing device, and so cheap, they make great christmas presents for your less-than-tech-savvy parents.