1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help me, need to access contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arthud01, Aug 16, 2011.

1. arthud01

arthud01 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Hi,

I switched off my galaxy ace and when switched back on i was faced with 'android system recover <3e>'

Options are...
    • reboot system now
    • apply sdcard:update.zip
    • wipe data/factory reset
    • wipe cache partition
    It then goes on about some manula mode and a load of stuff including unknown errors.

Anyway tried reboot, comes back to same screen.
    Tried sd card, same again.

The prob i have is all my contacts are on ther phone (my bad i know) and i REALLY need to access them before i wipe/factory reset.
    Any ideas?
    I have downloaded KIES but it doesnt recognise my device...

PLEASE HELP

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, arthud01.

I'm wondering if you at first accidentally got into that menu (a special menu called "recovery") by inadvertently pressing the key combination it takes to get there. It's different from one Android model to another.. some it's just a long press on the power key, for example.

I'd select "reboot" again, one more time (use your volume up and down keys to highlight the selection you want, and then use the home key to invoke that selection.. again, on some models.. you may have to try other keys to invoke the selection, but the volume keys will move the highlight through the choices on the list).

If it's still returning to that menu, it may be time to go ahead with the factory data reset option. As far as your contacts go, they should all be attached to your Google/Gmail account and sync once you've finished the reset procedure and set up your accounts.