• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help me NOT return my Atrix Icon/Font Size

earthdog

Nov 6, 2009
So here's my issue. Apparently I am blind... The screen resolution is so very high (though beautiful) makes the icons and text the size of a 3" screen.

For SMS I got Handcent and adjusted the font.

But for the home screens... I have been told that with Launcher or ADX Launcher I can address my concerns. But I could use some direction even some screen shots. Anything that can help me stay here I want.

I love the fact the finger print scanner and its enough to over come most issues but I have to be able to read the screen.

TIA

I have not tried this on the atrix, but have done it on every past Android phone.

(YOU NEED TO BE ROOTED)
use root explorer and edit /system/build.prop
find:
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
Change the 240 to 260 (or something else), save the file, and reboot the phone

A Higher # will make everything BIGGER, including icons, fonts, etc

A lower # will make everything smaller

Upvote 0
I have not tried this on the atrix, but have done it on every past Android phone.

(YOU NEED TO BE ROOTED)
use root explorer and edit /system/build.prop
find:

Change the 240 to 260 (or something else), save the file, and reboot the phone

A Higher # will make everything BIGGER, including icons, fonts, etc

A lower # will make everything smaller

This may be the best solution, but it still doesn't look right when you increase the density. It still feels like an eye strain at times (especially in certain apps)

The biggest thing that I want from ICS is hopefully a way to change a screen resolution like a PC.

Do that and this phone would be flawless!...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones