1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help me options to buy new phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Edgar J., Nov 3, 2014.

1. Edgar J.

Edgar J. Lurker

Hello I'm going to buy new Android, I'm currently using Galaxy S2 T989 on CM11, I like the Nexus 5 but I think is outdated compared to S5 etc, Nexus 6 is too big for my taste on phones, any recommendations on a up-to-date hardware phone that is running Google Android OS not modified like TouchWiz and it will be updated to Android Lollipop? Is the Nexus 5 still be good to buy since it was released years ago?

-Thanks in advanced.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The Nexus 5 was released almost exactly one year ago, and was one of the first handsets with a Snapdragon 800 SoC. It's not exactly outdated.

Otherwise recent Motorolas are probably the most lightly-skinned phones, but if you want completely unmodified Google Android then a Nexus is the only game in town really.

3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Maybe a Moto X Pure Edition?

4. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

Don't overlook the Moto G, the 4G version with a micro-SD slot is a remarkably good phone, with an update to Lollipop promised.

5. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Hi Edgar, I moved your thread to the Device Comparisons forum :)

The 2013 and 2014 Moto X will be getting Lollipop.

6. Edgar J.

Edgar J. Lurker

The Moto G and X runs unmodified original Android ?

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Not completely unmodified, but as I said the modifications are very light.

8. Cardidark09

Cardidark09 Lurker

Nexus 6 on the way hold your horses and my nexus five is not outdated do just as good as most phones out with updates first

9. xisruno

xisruno Member

The new Moto X 2014 is an awesome phone. Has some useful Moto stuff on it. If your with TMO or ATT get the Pure edition. No bloat.