• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me PLEASE (advanced problem need really smart guy)

Is my phone Bricked? What do you think

• Your F*cked sorry...

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Its fixable! Just not easily... or well known...

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
More bad news
So i flashed clockwork recovery using BOTH 3.0.0.5 and 3.0.0.8

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

everything went through fine. UPdated back to .92 and went to recovery

guess what? yup you guessed it. Reboot loop :/ WHAT TEH F*CK lol

And honestly you need to stop worrying about the Hboot. Use the .77 flash a recovery. Then start on the parted portion. Once thats done install a new rom not a backup. Once you have the phone booted you can worry about hboot then.

Reactions: TestToDeath
Upvote 0
I had it from way back. Plus InvisibleEk gave me abother version. I hoard these types of files.

Thankfully so, I owe you one BTW. Better chance of winning the lottery than finding that SOB. ;)

Would also like to say thanks for still hanging with us Inc folk once in awhile and keeping the files on the site. Hope you're enjoying the TB.

OP,
I'm still running 0.77 by choice. The myth that some some Roms need 0.92 is either false or I haven't found said Rom yet. I'm assuming you have the parted info but the link in #7 of this post has it also and some half assed instructs. Having been through it a couple times, you'll need some intuitive decisions in addition to what's posted there unless you already have more info from your dealings with others.

Upvote 0
im in bed now and unable to do anything. Doug lets (try to lol) get specific here. i can use any recovery.img? or best to use stock? after flashing from SDK what do i do with the parted.zip file? I mean i assume i would use the recovery but how do i know if i even have te recovery up and running if im blind? im starting to get lost here. reply sometime tomorrow. Good night.

Upvote 0
So i flashed the recovery {fastboot flash recovery recovery.img} again and tried this

fastboot boot recovery

then it booted into recovery *i think*

then tried
"adb devices"

it came up empty. But my phone wasn't vibrating over and over so im guessing it did boot recovery. Not sure. I thought this little bit of info might help

Upvote 0
Shadowmite from XDA said:
(note, if you go from .92 to this, you need to fastboot flash boot boot.img to get a new kernel image on, there are some differences in storage it appears and you might not boot up without this at first)

^^^Wonder if this would help to get the display back? Maybe in this case, the stock 2.2 kernel image would allow the screen to work much like what happened to SLCD users when accidentally downgrading to 2.1? Just a thought. If so, perhaps we could extract it from the stock 2.2 RUU and fastboot flash it to get boot and perhaps your screen functioning.

Or is the plan to fastboot flash all the necessary partitions one after the other and hope for a working phone at that time? In that event which partitions would need flashed precisely? Would there even still be a need for Parted at that point if the partitions are flashed via fastboot with stock images?

Any thoughts on those ideas Doug or did you have a different plan in mind altogether?

Upvote 0
no good.
i did it and attempted to get into recovery and it rebooted.
now i cant use fast boot lol status malformed.
what was the line of code for RUU mode on the phone?
its like
fastboot oem something something

i cant remember
is there anyway that we can use a RUU start fresh so we know everything we are using and then start flashing ALL partitions?

Upvote 0
Let's take a step back for a minute. Are you saying you're totally locked out of fastboot now or not? If not, you need to retry 'fastboot devices' again. We need to make sure you're device is being recognized. You are changing to the SDK Tools directory before running the final commands right?

no no. its just ill have to run a stock PB31IMG and reflash the boot.img because it wont let fastboot in. even with .7 hboot. not locked out just ran into a door lol

Upvote 0
Don't understand wont let fastboot in? Whatever the case, let us know when you're ready to continue with the fastboot portion. I have questions about the process you've been using and we need to verify your device this time using the "fastboot devices" command. Without device recognition, this isn't going to work.

it might be better ti help in real time. if u have an IM (skype ect) lemme know ill make one so we can figure this out faster

Edit: It see's my fastboot. I flashed the RUU rom. (RUU_Incredible_C_Froyo_VERIZON_WWE_3.26.605.1_Radio_2.15.00.07.28_2k4k_NV_1.70_PRL58006_release_152016_signed)

Then put the .7 hboot and it sees it again. i rewrote the recovery to make sure the data was getting through.

is there any way of forcing a back up into the phone with PB31IMG?

Files:
.android_secure.img
data.img
recovery.img
datadata.img
system.img
boot.img

These are all in one of my back up folder i wonder if we could do something with it. Even though i cant use ADB to push it but maybe flash them into it? i dont know im shooting into the dark hoping to hit something

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools>fastboot devices
HT0CRHJ07939

Upvote 0
I was kind of thinking along the same lines. In fact, that's where I got the boot.img you downloaded. I just extracted the rom.zip from the RUU and then pulled the IMG file out of it (we just rename it to PB31IMG so the Inc will recognize it in hboot). The oddity here though is that you're already flashing all those partitions when you run the RUU so we'd really be doing the same thing it seems to me.

The only thing I can see helping the situation right now is to get a working recovery that doesn't cause a boot loop. In order to achieve that, I think we need to fastboot flash it. But before that's possible, you need to run a 'Fastboot Devices' command to make sure your device is recognized. Earlier you said your device wasn't listed and if that's the case, we need to do some driver work potentially. You can fastboot flash all day and without the device being recognized, you're aren't going to get anywhere. So once we get the device recongized, we can try to proceed.

Also, you didn't answer the question I asked a few posts back...are you navigating to the SDK/Tools folder via command prompt before issuing the Fastboot commands? If not, it won't work either. Have you used the SDK on this computer before?

Upvote 0
i
C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools>fastboot devices
HT0CRHJ07939

Cool. Ok, well it seems that the RUU is getting through in some fashion if it's allowing you to get fastboot back. So...the RUU removes root. What I would try next is to extract the stock recovery and try to flash it via fastboot. We were trying Clockwork earlier and that may have been the reason for the failure.

Just copy it from out of the PB31IMG and try to fastboot flash it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones