1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help Me Please!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidFeend, Mar 16, 2011.

1. AndroidFeend

AndroidFeend Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    I permently rooted my Huawei Ascend using z4root. I then un-rooted it then rooted it temporaly that didn't work. so all it did was reboot but after it said i have no service. Please Help.

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! I'll forward this over the Ascend root area for ya! :)

3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    That makes no sense to me...
    Have you made sure your network connection isnt set to airplane? My phone has failed to show airplane on the status bar.
    Even if its not turn it on for a minute and turn it back off. This should reset your network connections.

4. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    And please make your thread titles more descriptive (ie: "rooted and now no network" instead of "help")

This makes it easier for your fellow ascenders to help. I log in through my phone on my off time and often decide if I can help or not based on titles.

5. JessaCavalier

JessaCavalier Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    Stay at home wife.
    Johnson City, TN
    Hopefully you didnt brick your phone, That would suck!!!

6. Anduiril

Anduiril Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    Electronics Technician
    Orlando, FL
    Why were you un-rooting your phone? Because you lost service? We need a few more details about what happened and what you were doing to help you out. Which someone here will, even if it takes a couple tries.

7. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Engineer
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Definatly agree with the above, a few more details would make this one a lot easier to nail down. Toke had a very good point about resetting the network.

Another thing to "RESET" the network, etc. is dial *228 on your phone. It will call Cricket, tell you don't do anything and it will "reprogram" alot of the settings. Mostly it's for 'roaming' tower to tower, etc. BUT it does reset network settings.

Plus, it can't hurt, so why not give it a try.

Good luck....If one of those airplane / *228 Works Let us know. Otherwise shoot some more details.

Also, we mean no disrespect at all, but I totally agree with Toke. The Title of threads is important. To be honest, I almost NEVER click on the "help me" ones. But today Saturday, I'm just fishing around....Like he said you could say....Rooted, unrooted----Now no service. Or something.. I guarantee you will get alot more hits and help.

Be patient work with everyone and for sure this group WILL get it solved.
    I'm a bit of a newbie myself, but learning fast, decent Linux background, so good headstart. But I have found that all my problems, as long as I've been cool about it, have been fixed only due to the Awesome People around here!

So GOOD LUCK....(Sorry I didn't mean to make a speech or pull out the soapbox, just some advice)
    Try *228 let us know...

Take care....Jeff

8. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Engineer
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sorry, for the additional post, I forgot to "Subscribe" to the Thread, so I get notification. I don't know how to do it after, only when leaving a post, and clicking it then. So, since I left my post, I wanted to be notified if something else pops up, so I had to add a new post and "Subscribe"

Which brings the question, can you add a thread to your notification list without posting in it....I assume there is a "subscribed threads" setting?

Thanks...Jeff

PS:: NEVER MIND....But I'll Leave it for others, just in case. In USER CP, on the left menu, click list subscriptions. It will list them and your notification options, you can edit, delete, etc. You can also ADD threads, just by adding the thread name in the text box.
    Piece of cake.
    Again-Sorry for the off topic, but figured somebody could benefit from my dumb @$$