• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me please!!!!

I have a samsung captivate. I tried to root using odin flashed a kernel for cyanogen mod 7 installed from zip and restarted... Now all my phne will do is go to download mode, recovery mode, and sit at the boot screen.

I have tried one click to go back to stock, didnt work. all it did was leave me sitting there and it trying to load. also trying using odin to try and instal a stock rom to get it running again and it does nothing...

If someone has some advice it would be amazing. Thank you

Out of curiosity, had you ever flashed any sort of ROM before you decided to put CM7 on there?

That's definitely not a ROM for beginners, but they do give steps on how to install it.

Given that CM7 uses a completely different file system, you're going need to flash something like SpeedMod kernal in order to get things back close to stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones